Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder what would happen if............
I wonder what would happen if............
republican delegates who are 'committed' to Drumpf simply refuse to vote for him on the first ballot?  Most of them are just party hacks who were told "you're a delegate for so-and-so." 
Suppose a couple of hundred of them simply fail to vote?  What the fuck would happen?
RE: I wonder what would happen if............
Are republicans capable of not voting?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
This judge thing has driven a lot of them over a cliff.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articl...hat-wasn-t

Quote:Republican Leaders Pile on Trump Over ‘Mexican’ Judge Attack

Quote:Republican leaders are piling on presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump over his accusation that a U.S. federal judge is treating him unfairly because the judge is of Mexican ancestry.

He needs 1,237 votes.  Suppose a shitload of them decide to be "sick" on the day of the vote?  What's he going to do?  File another law suit?  The election's over before it ever gets on the docket.
That'd be some gross political corruption I could get behind.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
You could certainly make a case for collusion but corruption?  How do you force someone to vote?
Be North Korea.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
The delegates can do whatever they want, but they have to confront the fact that the majority of republicans actually chose trump. If they refuse to accept this, they undermine logistical support for their party. What's the point of voting in a republican primary, if your delegate is going to invalidate your vote?

Since trump has proved that the republican base are basically idiots who are bigot-horny for the biggest demagogue, they have to support trump. That's all the party is at this point.

Hopefully, trump will destroy the gop the same way Taylor destroyed the whigs.
A Gemma is forever.
It's the "Blue Flu" when cops or teachers call in sick.  They aren't on strike.  Prove they aren't sick.

Drumpf is doubling down on his racist denunciation of the judge.  In effect, he is telling the party to go fuck itself.... and he needs their money.
Ah, the sweet savor of Schadenfreude. I think I'll make some coffee and enjoy the circus.

(June 6, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's the "Blue Flu" when cops or teachers call in sick.  They aren't on strike.  Prove they aren't sick.

Drumpf is doubling down on his racist denunciation of the judge.  In effect, he is telling the party to go fuck itself.... and he needs their money.

Trump is using the nuclear option.  He's willing to gamble that he will win without the establishment, in which case he will be able to tell them to get lost when he wins.  He won't have to cater to them.  And if they won't support him after he wins he can stop them from getting anything they want done.  The big wigs might take him out.  The list of suspects would be 100 miles long.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wonder where this is now? Sitting in a trash can somewhere? A Godzilla fan 5 662 July 16, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Drich
  I Always Wonder Minimalist 7 960 October 28, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I Wonder If He Tried the WLB's Hotel? Minimalist 1 580 August 14, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  So what do you think will happen with Trump? NuclearEnergy 26 4138 August 10, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  No Wonder The Republicunts Will Hate It! Minimalist 1 592 July 30, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What would happen if... Won2blv 18 2047 July 24, 2017 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Astonished
  No Wonder Republicunts Hate Town Halls Minimalist 5 1137 March 19, 2017 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If there would be a depression, what would Trump say if he ran for reelection? Jehanne 26 3244 February 27, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  No Wonder Romney Won't Endorse Him. Minimalist 5 1355 October 7, 2016 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  No Wonder The Orange Fucktard Is Being Audited Minimalist 21 2766 September 10, 2016 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist