Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Discovery pushes back the Fossil Record
New Discovery pushes back the Fossil Record
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...144641.htm

Looks like the evidence points to the favor of pushing back the fossil record some 90 million years. What do y'all tthink?
RE: New Discovery pushes back the Fossil Record
The lunatics will insist that their silly god put that there to confuse mankind.

Fundies are easily confused, you know.
It's a beautiful thing isn't it? Genetic evidence pointed an older ancestor and lo and behold we're able to find one! I sure hope this find is substantiated and investigated more, that entire geological area sounded like an amazing source of information!
My religion is the understanding of my world. My god is the energy that underlies it all. My worship is my constant endeavor to unravel the mysteries of my religion. Thinking

Fascinating read. Thanks for sharing!
Does anyone know why Australia has such ancient rocks in such abundance? From a geological/tectonic point of view I mean.
"A man who keeps one eye on the past is blind in one eye. A man who ignores the past is blind in both."
Here's a good explanation on Australia's rocks, nothing formal but simple:

"You are right. Australia is not near a tectonic plate boundary and so it does not suffer earthquakes directly from that source. Australia is an "old" continent made up of deep layers of old rocks which date back to Precambrian times. These old rocks form thick slabs of rock called cratons - eg the Yilgarn craton in Western Australia. These huge areas of cratons act like thick, massive slabs of rock which are less prone to deformation and failure under crustal stresses. The Earth's crust is much thicker in such areas.

In many areas of Australia upwelling granite magma over time has solidified to "weld" the thick granitic crust togetrher thus further reinforcing it."
My religion is the understanding of my world. My god is the energy that underlies it all. My worship is my constant endeavor to unravel the mysteries of my religion. Thinking
(August 18, 2010 at 4:10 pm)superstarr Wrote: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...144641.htm

Looks like the evidence points to the favor of pushing back the fossil record some 90 million years. What do y'all tthink?

This discovery would help unravel the mystery of the Cambrian expolosion, which is something Creationists point out when they are trying to convince people that evolution is false.

undefined
It's all about waiting. Slowly but surely we will continue to find more evidence.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fossil worm shows us our evolutionary beginnings zebo-the-fat 0 370 March 24, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Measles cases hit record high in Europe zebo-the-fat 13 1437 September 20, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Fossil provides new understanding of bird evolution Foxaèr 10 978 June 30, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: oldpollock
  Statuesque dinosaur fossil discovered Thumpalumpacus 44 8142 May 13, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Holy Shit -- another CO2 record about to be set! Jehanne 10 1403 February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  New antibiotic discovery zebo-the-fat 2 780 January 8, 2015 at 1:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Cave art discovery in Indonesia force rethink of origin of art. Anomalocaris 20 4587 October 11, 2014 at 12:24 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Immense Cambrian fossil bed discovered "rivals the famous Burgess Shale" Jackalope 12 3025 February 12, 2014 at 10:59 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  They were able to record a thought being formed in a zebrafish. Annik 3 2091 February 1, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Crazy Evilutionists find new gaps in the fossil record! Cyberman 0 1133 August 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman