Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:38 pm

Poll: Should a woman be treated differently if she is wearing a burka or stark naked?
This poll is closed.
Theist: YES
10.00%
2 10.00%
Atheist: YES
10.00%
2 10.00%
Theist: NO
5.00%
1 5.00%
Atheist: NO
75.00%
15 75.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should a woman be treated differently if...
Should a woman be treated differently if she is wearing a burka or stark naked?
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
RE: Should a woman be treated differently if...
Erm, what?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Erm, what?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 14, 2016 at 8:42 am)Mr Greene Wrote: Should a woman be treated differently if she is wearing a burka or stark naked?

In what situation?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I don't understand the question...
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I'm guessing the question is, is it right to treat a woman differently based on her clothing and stating two extreme examples.  One being fully covered with Islamic clothing the other being totally naked.

The only reason I can't answer is because I don't know what situation this would be in.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Red Warrior needs context, badly.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
(September 14, 2016 at 8:42 am)Mr Greene Wrote: Should a woman be treated differently if she is wearing a burka or stark naked?

Ummmmm. . . drool vs. non-drool?  Also. . . if a woman is already stark naked, removing her clothing will be a real challenge.
(September 14, 2016 at 8:42 am)Mr Greene Wrote: Should a woman be treated differently if she is wearing a burka or stark naked?

Actually this is how my wife decided how her and I would resolve heated discussions. When the conversation gets heated or unpleasant she starts undressing. It is actually quite difficult to converse with someone that is naked, at least for me.

It has been an effective method of conflict resolution between us.
Is she wearing anything other than the burka?  For clarity.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What if God is a woman Woah0 31 2558 November 26, 2022 at 1:28 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Operating Systems treated as a religion? (Linux) Ferrocyanide 10 1019 April 5, 2021 at 7:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Love of God vs love of a woman Mystic 51 5615 September 26, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Is this woman nuts? brewer 37 4747 February 15, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why would any Woman want to be a part of Christianity? Spooky 33 8398 July 23, 2015 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Watch Arab woman verbally bitch slap a Sheikh Brian37 25 6161 March 11, 2015 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Brian37
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11028 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Sudan woman faces death for apostasy zebo-the-fat 17 5904 May 15, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Israeli woman fined for not circumsizing her son. I and I 60 11126 November 28, 2013 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Bad Writer
  Why is God treated like a retarded and selfish child? gilbertc06 80 19801 October 11, 2013 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Tonus