Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jim Cornette on religion
Jim Cornette on religion
I came across this video and was impressed by what I heard. I mostly agree with him. For those who haven't heard of him, he's been involved in management for wrestling companies such as WWE and TNA. He even uses some wrestling terminology to explain his idea for addressing the problems. It's one of the better ones I've heard, frankly.

https://youtu.be/6NaIaS5_hqk
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Jim Cornette on religion
Simple and effective.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Would it work, I wonder? If we all just told them their God was the greatest and that they have won?

I suppose they'd still kill each other over the best way to worship it.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(October 24, 2016 at 7:16 am)robvalue Wrote: Would it work, I wonder? If we all just told them their God was the greatest and that they have won?

I suppose they'd still kill each other over the best way to worship it.

So, nothing really changes.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I guess even if we say allah is the greatest, they'll want to know what flavour we are picking. We can't please them all; not even all the Muslims.

Index of my best videos
.... So if we concede "Allah's the man" then we are ready to subject ourselves to sharia law?

I pity this guy and people like him/Thinks as he does.

He has a 1st graders understanding of what he is saying yet feels like he is the progressive in the room when he says it.

The problem this moron is crowing about is evil. Evil is not just a religious term. Evil has been with man since the beginning Even if you don't believe in the garden. Evil perminates everything Including religion.

This simple minded person thinks you get rid of the institution that identifies evil, that it ceases to exist... How child like is that? that is like putting your hands over your face and thinking you just became invisible because YOU can't see you.

In truth, evil perminates EVERYTHING Even Religion. Take religion away like they did in communist russia or china (because again this idiot's idea is not a new one, we have almost 100 years of what society looks like with no religion we can draw from) and has the problem of evil gone away? Has the state been able to up state religion with kindness and mercy? Again look at the last 100 years or so with russia and the last 70 or so with china.

The brutality in those two countries is without parallel. It's just now you can't call what those countries did "wrong."

But this wrestling coach or whatever is claim to fame is, seems to be blissfully unaware.
Here's the thing this moron doesn't get. Even in religion there is always a ying to evil's yang. A check to the balance, albeit it can some times be slow. To every dark age church there is a Reformation, to every ISIS there are freedom fighters because the definition of evil remains a constant even though some try to blur the lines.

Take the good out of religion, and you only have evil left. You can't argue this as history bears out the truth. History has shown this over and over again.
quoted from the video.

"There's been nothing that has caused more war, more murder, more genocide, more homicide, more persecution, more strife and misery and pain in human history, than this irrational belief in any religion."

Well communism has the death toll on lock at over 149 million deaths, Stalin (an atheist) alone is credited with 20 million. I challenge anyone to find a where any religion has caused more deaths.

Obviously getting rid of religion isn't the answer.
Getting rid of magical thinking is the answer. Good and evil will still exist but magical fantasy thinking will no longer be an excuse.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Except the regimes that did exactly that were worse off...
The idea, Huggy, is to engage people so that they see for themselves how religion is nothing but words. When people realize that, religion dies.
No imposition, no one needs to die for that.
That is why sites such as this forum exist. To get the word out that the religious mindset is not necessarily representative of reality. You don't have to believe in god A or B or C. "None" is a possibility and many people are already on board with it.

Certainly, many people will resist, like you and Drich here. Many more out there will resist... some may resist in violent ways... some will trudge along with their indoctrination... but some will see reason.
It will be a multi-generational issue.... it can't be forced.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10722 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4906 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19823 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49316 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5186 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused