Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britain!
Britain!
Let's ramp up that war on christmas, shall we?

You're doing everything else right now let's give it the coup de grace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/...gures-sug/

Quote:British families only attend church at Christmas, new figures suggest

Quote:Britain has become a nation of Christmas-only churchgoers, according to new figures showing a boom in attendance at festive services while Sunday congregations slump to an all-time low.

Official statistics from the Church of England show just over one per cent of the population of England now attends its services on a typical Sunday, a third of the level in the 1970s.

Give 'Murrica something to shoot for.
RE: Britain!
Shit Min, don't let this get out. All this will do is have the US churches make up celebration days. 

Come Celebrate Communion On Our Special Kim Davis Day! 
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
May this trend continue.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Good for them, but I don't even go to church on Christmas. Usually either whenever someone gets married or dies.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Hardly news Tongue I been saying this for ages, especially with younger British people it's not that common to come across Brits who really do "go to church".

Considered extremely unusual among people my age.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

As of January 2015, only 11,5 percent of Catholics (!!!) attended regular sunday services in my country.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Now I think of it, I've literally only been "to church"* twice since I left that Catholic school 4 years ago. Both occasions were for my Dad's funeral.

"To church"* meaning actually going to a service. I do appreciate churches and mosques as historical/architectural sites so I visit them just to see them as I'm travelling.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(October 28, 2016 at 6:45 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: Now I think of it, I've literally only been "to church"* twice since I left that Catholic school 4 years ago. Both occasions were for my Dad's funeral.

"To church"* meaning actually going to a service. I do appreciate churches and mosques as historical/architectural sites so I visit them just to see them as I'm travelling.

Not meaning to be off here, but you buried your dad twice?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 28, 2016 at 6:46 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(October 28, 2016 at 6:45 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: Now I think of it, I've literally only been "to church"* twice since I left that Catholic school 4 years ago. Both occasions were for my Dad's funeral.

Not meaning to be off here, but you buried your dad twice?

Lmao no Tongue

It was like a 2 day thing, we had one evening service the night before as like a preliminary and then we buried him the following day. Sorry that was worded funny

- Maryam Namazie

The only times I've ever been to church was for two weddings, one funeral, and a handful of school trips where we sang hymns and shit. That was Blair's Britain for ya.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Being an ex-muslim in Britain Napoléon 24 4571 October 13, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Britain's Backstreet Exorcists Cyberman 3 1523 November 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut