Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Bible Verses
Favorite Bible Verses
O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us - he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." Psalms 137:8-9 (NIV)
RE: Favorite Bible Verses
Thou shalt not kill.
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. John 20:10
20:14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (KJV)

This is what awaits us heathens if we don't succumb to the Christian myth.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(August 29, 2010 at 6:07 pm)theVOID Wrote: O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us - he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." Psalms 137:8-9 (NIV)

Incidentally, this is the psalm that starts, poetically enough, with "By the waters, the waters of Babylon we sat down and wept, and wept, for thee, Zion..." --an oft-quoted psalm, but then it ends with that.

MINE:

"And he [Elisha] went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." (2 Kings 2:23-25)

More seriously and sincerely, I like this: "For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again" (Ecclesiastes 3:19).
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again" (Ecclesiastes 3:19).

Awesome verse there Entropist! "man hath no preeminence above a beast" Sounds like something Darwin would say.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Ezekiel 23:19-21

19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
21 So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.
"and God saw that it was good." probably not my favorite, but one day I tried to read the bible. I didn't get very far.Dodgy
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
Quote:"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16)

Yeah...all that heavenly goodness from Yahweh the Bloody-Handed.
(August 29, 2010 at 6:34 pm)Entropist Wrote:
(August 29, 2010 at 6:07 pm)theVOID Wrote: O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us - he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." Psalms 137:8-9 (NIV)

Incidentally, this is the psalm that starts, poetically enough, with "By the waters, the waters of Babylon we sat down and wept, and wept, for thee, Zion..." --an oft-quoted psalm, but then it ends with that.
I love that one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4amfXLGVqU

Here's my favorite: Exodus 8:2

And if you refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite your entire land with frogs;

If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably need to know is where I found it, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth. Except that I will say it was from Magnolia, the closest thing to an adaptation of a Salinger book I've seen.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
You could at least have posted the Boney M. original. Big Grin
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 640 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44124 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What's your favorite (or the worst, in your opinion) bible passage? renatoab 22 4826 May 2, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7450 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  More Christian denominations than bible verses Dolorian 26 5757 November 6, 2014 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Drich
  whats your favorite bible verse? atheist04330 58 9261 July 15, 2014 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Most Explicit Verses on the Godship of Jesus Rayaan 49 23534 April 11, 2013 at 6:05 am
Last Post: smax
  Neat combination of verses. Mystic 16 5467 September 14, 2012 at 12:44 am
Last Post: genkaus
  Pointing out Christian's Tendencies to Cherry Pick Verses is Fun Handprint 3 1718 December 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Xavier
  Badass Bible Verses darkwolf176 2 4036 May 17, 2010 at 9:36 am
Last Post: John_S3V