Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Caucasian People
The Caucasian People
When you think of Caucasian, what do you think of? White people? An ethnic category on an application? But what is white? Who are the real Caucasian and why do we as white Americans call ourselves or take the label Caucasian? Is it because the textbook definition is someone of European descent with white complexion? Have you ever heard of the Causasus Mountains?

Geologically, the Caucasus Mountains belong to a system that extends from southeastern Europe into Asia. Caucasian genuinely means people living in that region. When you look deeper you will find more than just a white complexion. You will find the cultures of Armenians, Azerbaijanis, Georgians, and even Russians. So, would you consider yourself Caucasian if you were from Armenia? No you would call yourself Armenian.

So who are the Caucasian people? The people within the villages of the Caucasus Mountains, there are Eastern Europeans which are typically Eastern Orthdox or Islamic. There is an interesting mix of Caucasian people.

My point is, are those of us considered Caucasian are we really that? I'm sure if you go to France or Germany and call anyone on the streets Caucasian, I'm sure you'd get some funny looks. Do we call ourselves because that what the government has been calling us, or because we are from North America? I'm not arguing anyone, just been thinking about this.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: The Caucasian People
It's in the bible.

Jesus is Caucasian.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 26, 2016 at 9:51 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: It's in the bible.

Jesus is Caucasian.

Wasn't Jesus more of middle eastern decent?

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/560/cpsprod...us_bbc.jpg
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
Nope, god is Caucasian and he sired Jesus. The tip off are the blue eyes.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I've never thought about it. Caucasian sounds alright though, aslong as it doesn't mean twat in a language somewhere and some non whites came up with it as a prank.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(December 26, 2016 at 10:05 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I've never thought about it. Caucasian sounds alright though, aslong as it doesn't mean twat in a language somewhere and some non whites came up with it as a prank.

You think cock Asian was not a prank by Kim Jong Un?
(December 26, 2016 at 9:48 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote: When you think of Caucasian, what do you think of? White people? An ethnic category on an application? But what is white? Who are the real Caucasian and why do we as white Americans call ourselves or take the label Caucasian? Is it because the textbook definition is someone of European descent with white complexion? Have you ever heard of the Causasus Mountains?  

Geologically, the Caucasus Mountains belong to a system that extends from southeastern Europe into Asia. Caucasian genuinely means people living in that region. When you look deeper you will find more than just a white complexion. You will find the cultures of Armenians, Azerbaijanis, Georgians, and even Russians. So, would you consider yourself Caucasian if you were from Armenia? No you would call yourself Armenian.

So who are the Caucasian people? The people within the villages of the Caucasus Mountains, there are Eastern Europeans which are typically Eastern Orthdox or Islamic. There is an interesting mix of Caucasian people.

My point is, are those of us considered Caucasian are we really that? I'm sure if you go to France or Germany and call anyone on the streets Caucasian, I'm sure you'd get some funny looks. Do we call ourselves because that what the government has been calling us, or because we are from North America? I'm not arguing anyone, just been thinking about this.

Oh, for fuck's sake.  'Caucasian' as a racial designation means white European.  This is not difficult.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(December 26, 2016 at 11:02 pm)pool the great Wrote:
(December 26, 2016 at 10:05 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I've never thought about it. Caucasian sounds alright though, aslong as it doesn't mean twat in a language somewhere and some non whites came up with it as a prank.

You think cock Asian was not a prank by Kim Jong Un?

Ninja'd. I was going to post a comment like this! Undecided
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(December 26, 2016 at 9:48 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote: When you think of Caucasian, what do you think of? White people? An ethnic category on an application? But what is white? Who are the real Caucasian and why do we as white Americans call ourselves or take the label Caucasian? Is it because the textbook definition is someone of European descent with white complexion? Have you ever heard of the Causasus Mountains?  

My brother took a DNA test to determine his ancestry, and one was the Caucasus mountain area if I remember right. It's more of an anthropological term regarding white people. Really fair skin is just an evolutionary trait. As humans migrated further north away from the equator and the direct rays of the sun, in order to absorb and synthesize vitamin D through sun light, the skin had to lose pigmentation and become more translucent. Dark skin acts as a natural sunscreen which is advantageous around the equator, but far north, light skin is more advantageous. That's really all it is in a nutshell or at least the currently likely explanation through current understanding. I've heard some black people say were are aliens, seriously!

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/04/h...white-skin
I usually check off "other" on most applications. Or, if it's something which that question is voluntary, I leave it blank. I'm American. There usually isn't an option for that unless it's accompanied by the word "African". That doesn't apply to me, so...
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 5814 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia