Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists are Kinder?
Atheists are Kinder?
How do you explain this?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chi...re-6781485
RE: Atheists are Kinder?
Atheists are kinda sexy?

Definitely.

Wait, there's an article?

I believe several studies have shown that this is, indeed, a general trend.
Dying to live, living to die.
Oh, the article is specifically about kids? I'm no expert on kids, but I'd imagine that atheist parents are more likely to encourage their kids to ask questions. That might lead to them being more accepting of differences. That's just a wild guess, though.
^ I honestly wonder why that is?

Is that because atheists don't really divide people into tribes (i.e Catholic, presbyterian) and engage in less "Group think?" Are perhaps less liable to see people as outsiders, and instead view them as part of one human family?
November 2015?
Took a while to track down the paper...
Text
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(February 1, 2017 at 8:33 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Atheists are kinda sexy?

Definitely.

Yes, certainly.

All the sexiest people I know are atheists Big Grin
Neglected to interview the young Min.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm)ThortheMighty Wrote: How do you explain this?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chi...re-6781485

Correlation does not imply causation. Studies like these are useless and are often conducted to push an agenda.
The results of this study run counter to studies in the US that show christians are more giving.  The make-up of the children in this study was 43% muslim, 28% non-religious and 24% christian.  The study created a group containing children from different religions and treated it as one.  This group contained close to double the number of muslims as compared to christians and other religions were barely represented.  For example, there's a great difference between the worldview of muslims as compared to christians.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-children/
Andrew Breitbart - that renowned fountain of unbiased journalism.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2200 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet