Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Took the Republicunts 8 Years To Come Up With This?
It Took the Republicunts 8 Years To Come Up With This?
It sure as hell is a lot more complicated than any of the bastards thought.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/us/po...-news&te=1

Quote:House Republicans Unveil Plan to Replace Health Law

Quote:The House Republican bill would roll back the expansion of Medicaid that has provided coverage to more than 10 million people in 31 states, reducing federal payments for many new beneficiaries. It also would effectively scrap the unpopular requirement that people have insurance and eliminate tax penalties for those who go without. The requirement for larger employers to offer coverage to their full-time employees would also be eliminated.

Yes.  Tax Credits.  Useful for the rich and meaningless for the poor.  But then, these scumbags never care about the poor.

And almost predictably from the "Fuck "em, Let Them Die In The Streets" wing of the republicunt party comes this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/us/po...ss&emc=rss

Quote:G.O.P. Health Bill Faces Revolt From Conservative Forces

Quote:“This is not the Obamacare repeal bill we’ve been waiting for. It is a missed opportunity and a step in the wrong direction,” said Senator Mike Lee, Republican of Utah, who was joined by a constellation of conservative groups, including the Club for Growth, Heritage Action for America and Charles G. and David H. Koch’s Americans for Prosperity. “We promised the American people we would drain the swamp and end business as usual in Washington. This bill does not do that.”

Quote:"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

-Ebenezer Scrooge
RE: It Took the Republicunts 8 Years To Come Up With This?
I read a lot about this last night, and it's just terrible. The ACA has issues, but instead of attempting to fix them (of course, they caused most of them by undermining key parts of the ACA in the fist place), they are indeed going to screw millions out of existing health care, by giving poor and lower middle class people an amount of money that won't even cover one year of health insurance, let alone other costs such as deductibles.

And they don't like personal mandate, though the penalty cost goes to help those who cannot insurance it btw, and instead will let INSURERS gain the penalty money for ANY gap in coverage. So if you lose your job, and do not get another for say, 2 months, the next insurer can charge you 30% for you misfortune. Fabulous thinking!

I've also read that this will almost certainly raise insurance premium costs even above the recent hikes that people are complaining about.

This also marks the first time in history that America will remove a social program that has already been implemented, thereby leaving untold numbers of people who were being helped, out in the cold.

All that being said, the medicaid rollback seems to be causing enough Republican senators to balk that it likely won't pass. Most of those red states use a LOT of medicaid, and they don't want to loose their constituents votes. Plus, they can't vote if they are dead! (Regardless of what 45 says)
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
And the other part is that the insurance industry has not weighed in on this.  The reason for the mandates was to force people to sign up for insurance before they were sick enough to need it.  Insurance at the best of times is a Ponzi-scheme which needs plenty of paying members to make up for the ones who do file claims.  

Again, the rest of the civilized world has figured out how to do this far more efficiently than we have.  It seems we prefer to model ourselves on Paraguay or Chad.
Oh my.... someone had best come do CPR on this mummy.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/house-se...peal-bill/

Quote:House, Senate conservative Republicans plan own Obamacare repeal bill

I understand they are planning to call it the GFD Bill.

"Go fucking die."
And now we are hearing from the industry and the providers.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/industry...ican-plan/

Quote:Industry questions higher insurance costs under Republican plan

Quote:The House Republican health insurance plan suggests health insurance after Obamacare will be less affordable, investors, insurers and industry sources said on Tuesday, raising questions about future enrollment and insurance company participation.

Quote:But some initial reaction, particularly from hospitals, was critical. The American Hospital Association said in a letter to Congress that it could not support the draft legislation in its current form.

The BlueCross BlueShield Association, which represents BCBS insurers across the country that cover the vast majority of the about 10 million people enrolled in 2017 Obamacare plans, said the insurers were glad to see the extension of many Obamacare aspects into 2019. But it emphasized the need for the replacement to be affordable.

Translation = They ain't falling for it.
(March 7, 2017 at 9:34 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And now we are hearing from the industry and the providers.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/industry...ican-plan/

Quote:Industry questions higher insurance costs under Republican plan

Quote:The House Republican health insurance plan suggests health insurance after Obamacare will be less affordable, investors, insurers and industry sources said on Tuesday, raising questions about future enrollment and insurance company participation.

Quote:But some initial reaction, particularly from hospitals, was critical. The American Hospital Association said in a letter to Congress that it could not support the draft legislation in its current form.

The BlueCross BlueShield Association, which represents BCBS insurers across the country that cover the vast majority of the about 10 million people enrolled in 2017 Obamacare plans, said the insurers were glad to see the extension of many Obamacare aspects into 2019. But it emphasized the need for the replacement to be affordable.

Translation = They ain't falling for it.

If republicans want to spend more money on bombs, tanks, planes, etc. It would be their best interest to have a medicare for all system id rather pay into that
than pay for insurance from another corporate entity like blue cross blue shield. Because hey they already getting my money id pay a little more for free healthcare i really wouldnt mind because i need insurance. And if the ACA goes away i'll have no coverage what so ever for my pre-existing health issues. Then well if im paying into medicare for all they can't kick me off or take away my insurance.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Um . . .

Why the holy hell wouldn't Obamacare supporters be desirous of having the pubs catastrophically displode with their own brand of healthcare ??

Nothing like 5 million tons of stinking rotting FAIL slung around their collective necks to start opening the door to winning some congressional seats for the dem side in 2018, or are we still not giving a royal fuck about 2018 midterms yet ??

Or is the 'real' concern the 'pub plan is better ?

[gasp]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm not a Democrat, but I'd be happy to see the Republicans collapse under the weight what is clearly a mistake borne of floundering ... except that it will like involve many thousands of people, you know, dying.

(March 7, 2017 at 11:50 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Um . . .

Why the holy hell wouldn't Obamacare supporters be desirous of having the pubs catastrophically displode with their own brand of healthcare ??

Nothing like 5 million tons of stinking rotting FAIL slung around their collective necks to start opening the door to winning some congressional seats for the dem side in 2018, or are we still not giving a royal fuck about 2018 midterms yet ??

Or is the 'real' concern the 'pub plan is better ?

[gasp]

Because, you know... this affects real people.  Politics isn't some game where a disaster for the Republicans isn't also a disaster for American citizens.   People will lose their health coverage.  Women will lose coverage for abortions, lose access to birth control... lose access to maternity care too.  Then you have those with pre-existing conditions who'll lose out.  The only ones who'll win are, as usual with the Republicans--the rich. 

I can't celebrate their plan being an abject failure, when it puts many people at risk of losing insurance and coverage.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
No chance of that, V.  Why do you think the fucktards are trying to ram it through before the Congressional Budget office scores it?

Let's see what others have to say.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/healt...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:Millions Risk Losing Health Insurance in Republican Plan, Analysts Say

There's a headline to warm a scum-sucking republicunt pig's heart, eh?

Quote:Millions of people who get private health coverage through the Affordable Care Act would be at risk of losing it under the replacement legislation proposed by House Republicans, analysts said Tuesday, with Americans in their 50s and 60s especially likely to find coverage unaffordable.

What's really amusing is this:

Quote:Coverage tends to be most expensive in parts of the country where there are few hospitals or few insurers. “When it comes to health insurance, high-cost areas tend to be rural areas,” said Cynthia Cox, a researcher at the Kaiser Family Foundation, which recently did an analysis of how the tax credits compared with the subsidies now available.

Congratulations, Drumpfucks.  You fucked yourselves right up the ass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1844 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Know This Won’t Come As A Shock BrianSoddingBoru4 13 821 February 15, 2021 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 11033 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Political caricature: come, post and share. WinterHold 73 4829 November 3, 2020 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  80 years.. WinterHold 45 1551 August 23, 2020 at 6:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I come to this hearing with the deepest sadness. onlinebiker 10 973 December 19, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 279076 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
  Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks? Minimalist 19 1880 October 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 523 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 786 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist