Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A prayer to God ...
A prayer to God ...
Dear God, some mean atheists keep telling me that you exist only in my mind.
I want to prove them wrong. I want to prove to myself that you are not just a figment of my imagination.

I know in my heart that you are real and so I will ignore all my thoughts and feelings of you and just wait for you will show yourself to me soon.

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: A prayer to God ...
A related conundrum for Christians:  If Jesus told you to stop believing in him, would you?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yes I would... but I would continue to feed the trolls
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
A solipsist told me that I was god.................. so I got that going for me.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 2, 2019 at 9:02 am)tackattack Wrote: Yes I would... but I would continue to feed the trolls

Best. Answer. EVER.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
He is not the one in need of you, you are in need of him.
Also; you will interact with him directly after you die -and death is a matter of...days or even less for all of us-.
days? You OK man?

Talk.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 3, 2019 at 8:24 am)ignoramus Wrote: days? You OK man?

Talk.

I'm still breathing for now, thank you for worrying ignoramus Smile
(May 2, 2019 at 9:02 am)tackattack Wrote: Yes I would... but I would continue to feed the trolls

If you stopped believing in Jesus would you stop obeying him?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

chimp.. no. Sans my obedience to God's word, the morality and example of Jesus would still mean that I am obeying His instructions, even if the person is no longer the reason I'm obeying them. ie. I don't intentionally obey my suicidal friends crazy life advice, because he's literally insane, but sometimes he has a nugget or two of advice that's helpful. Like all archetypal hero worship, we utilize from the good and be wary of the bad.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5712 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7801 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 5726 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6125 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63248 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Prayer Athena777 181 16454 December 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  is collective prayer any more effective? ReptilianPeon 65 8363 June 14, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  imprisonment, rioting, killing - over PRAYER drfuzzy 15 4011 October 31, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My thoughts on prayer dyresand 25 6049 October 14, 2015 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Biblical Prayer Contradictions Salacious B. Crumb 143 19920 July 4, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb