Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under the Knife
Under the Knife
I'll be going under the knife tomorrow for surgery on the ligament pressing on my left median nerve. [Image: gasp.gif] I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists, but will be having them done one at a time so that I can remain reasonably functional. There will be pain meds. [Image: hobo.gif] So if I act extra goofy, you'll know why. It'll be outpatient surgery, which is nicer than staying in the hospital. [Image: yes.gif]
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
RE: Under the Knife
Wait!

You're seeing another surgeon behind my back??

Angry Lynch Mob

Seriously, though.

Hope it all goes to hell well!

Big Grin
Dying to live, living to die.
Best wishes, hope it all goes smoothly, and heals quickly!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Good idea getting them done one at a time.
Otherwise I won't even ask about the logistics of wiping up!

Good luck man...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Pray......

that the doctor knows what he is doing!

Angel
All the best to you!

Waiting for hip replacement myself.

Save

Save
Save
Best of luck to you. Best of skill to your surgeon.

Can you think of an activity you might want to do one last time? It might be awhile before things feel the same again, if ever.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 29, 2017 at 9:47 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Best of luck to you. Best of skill to your surgeon.

Can you think of an activity you might want to do one last time? It might be awhile before things feel the same again, if ever.

That's my "grabbing the wife by the pussy" hand.  Big Grin   I'm agreeing that the surgeon better be good. If I wasn't being sedated, I'd put a little noose on his junk, and make sure he did a good job. Angel  Last thing I want is to wake up with an empty glove for a hand. It IS in fact that I'm having the left done first, as I'm right handed. It's being done with microsurgery, and they're telling me that I should be good in a couple of weeks. That's probably true, as I've had both great toes decompressed due to arthritis in the joints, and was pretty much recovered in two weeks (at least, back to work on crutches). I can walk reasonably well, given that the arthritis is continuing its eventual advance uphill. Dodgy I won't be doing any wood carving for awhile; further, as soon as this one is reasonably recovered, I'm having the other one done- they say in about two months. I have no idea about physical therapy yet, either. I'm hoping it'll be something I can do at home so I don't have to drive 20 miles to the hospital, or maybe I could have any needed therapy done at their clinic, which is about 3 miles away.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Gobspeed, Fireball. 

Have a speedy recovery, and be well. Smile
Hope your procedure turns out well, Fireball.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3135 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Under no circumstance should cops KILL ErGingerbreadMandude 120 12954 January 7, 2018 at 8:23 am
Last Post: FFaith
  White Culture Under Attack chimp3 54 10230 September 5, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  "2600 Under 2600" reference? GrandizerII 2 1067 February 25, 2016 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NASA Under Republicans Forsaken 5 1193 January 18, 2015 at 4:34 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Crumbling under the stress of it all.. Erinome 51 14496 August 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis