Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Statler Waldorf Balcony
The Statler Waldorf Balcony
Hello guys (and gals),

There were several different threads gong that kind of addressed the same issues so I figured in order to keep things a little neater on the board and easier on all of us I would start this thread. So this is the only thread I will be responding to. All questions and topics are fair game. I am going to be trying my hardest in this thread to keep it respectful and friendly. So I will watch the sarcasm :-) I will not respond to posts that involve personal attacks. Ok, let's have some fun.

RE: The Statler Waldorf Balcony
Ok, is the the fact that you put 'gals' after 'guys' and in parenthesis echo your biblical viewpoint that women are inferior to men? Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 15, 2010 at 4:57 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Ok, is the the fact that you put 'gals' after 'guys' and in parenthesis echo your biblical viewpoint that women are inferior to men? Big Grin

lol, no. There is no biblical teaching that women are inferior to men. I just did it to make sure I included everyone, since "guys" has several different meanings.

So, what's your interpretation of "God created the world in 7 days"? Is it literally 7 days as compared to here on planet earth? I'm just curious to know what's your take on this.
(October 15, 2010 at 5:20 pm)Rayaan Wrote: So, what's your interpretation of "God created the world in 7 days"? Is it literally 7 days as compared to here on planet earth? I'm just curious to know what's your take on this.

Heya,

Yes I believe that creation happened in six 24 hour days on Earth. As to whether this was just in observed time on Earth so that more time passed in the Universe or whether this was accomplished by gravitational wells or black holes I do not know. I tend to lean towards the whole idea of observational time vs. calculated time idea because it's simple and clean. Though I did see a video on the black hole thing last week that was pretty good. I stay away from ideas like "c-decay" and "gap theory" though. How about you?

Where to begin...?

Assuming you believe in the Fall and Original Sin, let me pose a question: where did sin come from? Adam and Eve were supposedly created perfect. This means that, even with the free will to choose evil, they would have chosen good, as they would have had no inclination towards evil. So where did this evil come from? Did God create it? If so, then he punishes us for something he created. Did the Devil create it? If so, why did God create the Devil, knowing that he'd create evil and hence doom many of us to hell? Any way you look at it, it seems that God is directly responsible, either through commission or ommision, for the eternal torture of his creations.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Quote:Yes I believe that creation happened in six 24 hour days on Earth

And so much for respectability..............
(October 15, 2010 at 6:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Yes I believe that creation happened in six 24 hour days on Earth

And so much for respectability..............

He had none to lose. But his goal is to drag down this forum to his level.
(October 15, 2010 at 5:26 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Yes I believe that creation happened in six 24 hour days on Earth.

Couldn't just sit by without replying to that.

God is all-powerful right? Well why would he take six fucking days to create everything if he could do it instantly?

Doesn't make any sense.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(October 15, 2010 at 5:26 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Heya,

Yes I believe that creation happened in six 24 hour days on Earth. As to whether this was just in observed time on Earth so that more time passed in the Universe or whether this was accomplished by gravitational wells or black holes I do not know. I tend to lean towards the whole idea of observational time vs. calculated time idea because it's simple and clean. Though I did see a video on the black hole thing last week that was pretty good. I stay away from ideas like "c-decay" and "gap theory" though. How about you?

Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand what you're saying about the idea of observational time vs. calculational time. It seems like you just dodged away from explaining your standpoint by simply putting some scientific terms in your post without explaining how they are related to each other. Everything you wrote sounds really vague to me. So, I think you should elaborate on your post when you have more time to do so. No offense to you, btw. It's just that you're post is not clear enough to understand what you're talking about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Statler Waldorf: 'Proof?' 5thHorseman 15 5687 September 30, 2011 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd) Sam 358 267588 March 3, 2011 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris