Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step it up, Canada
Step it up, Canada
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/some-asylum...-1.3544473

"Some of the asylum-seekers who have recently crossed the Canada-U.S. border say they're struggling to find a place to live once they leave government-run temporary shelters."
RE: Step it up, Canada
Already being done . And America especially one under a xenophobic nit wit who refuses to take in refugees does not get to lecture us on how to handle this.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Canada is great.
(September 1, 2017 at 7:34 am)alpha male Wrote: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/some-asylum...-1.3544473

"Some of the asylum-seekers who have recently crossed the Canada-U.S. border say they're struggling to find a place to live once they leave government-run temporary shelters."

How is this any different from the US? Or any country with new immigrants? (didn't read the article)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Plenty of private organizations and common citizens have moved on this . This is not new we have dealt with it before . Hell the Ottawa government has already given priority to refugee families in the new AHC (affordable housing complex) that was built recently .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Yeah, I can tell how well it's being handled by the way that article says it isn't being handled well.
CTV is exaggerating . As I said plenty of private groups have plans to pick up the slack . This is no different then any other mass immigration event we have . They come .They're is a bit of a shuffle . People step in . The governments (mostly local ) act . And in a year the matter will be resolved . CTV clearly has lost it's grasp of historical perspective . Because this is no different then any other incident .

It was the same with the Vietnamese . They came . There was some disorganization . Things got resolved .

And as I already said I find it freaking hilarious an American(A Trump Supporter ) is lecturing us on this.

Inuit Proverb

Irony is lost on a fuckwit like A/M.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Canada Day 2023 The Architect Of Fate 11 657 July 2, 2023 at 4:41 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Happy Canada Day 2022 The Architect Of Fate 17 1258 July 11, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Canada Election Day !!! The Architect Of Fate 18 1091 October 7, 2021 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Happy Canada Day !!! The Architect Of Fate 19 1412 July 2, 2021 at 11:13 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Saudi Arabia freezes Canada trade ties, recalls envoy WinterHold 5 651 August 6, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Happy Canada Day 2018 Amarok 21 2678 July 2, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  And The Fascists Take One More Step Forward Minimalist 8 1203 May 21, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Canada- another van kills 7 so far ignoramus 36 5082 April 25, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What Is Happening In Canada Amarok 8 1286 March 4, 2018 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Happy Canada Day Amarok 11 3135 July 2, 2017 at 2:24 am
Last Post: Amarok