Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Seems Odd For A Nation Which Is Not At War
This Seems Odd For A Nation Which Is Not At War
The WLB signs an order to let the Air Force recall 1,000 retired pilots to active duty.

That's a lot of bombs to drop on third world shitholes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/21/trump-ex...ilots.html

Quote:According to the Pentagon, the Air Force is currently short by about 1,500 pilots.

Maybe if the Air Force academy worried less about fucking jesus and more about training pilots this wouldn't be a problem?  In any case, sounds to me as if the WLB plans to use the old - "Look Over There!  They Are Coming To Attack Us" gambit to distract from his miserable failure of a presidency.

And with the douchebags who voted for him it will probably work.
RE: This Seems Odd For A Nation Which Is Not At War
It's piggy-backed on a Shrub order from 2001.
Also, 'pilot' doesn't necessarily mean 'fighter' pilot.  Some of these guys (I'm sure) fly tanker or cargo planes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That is not what the Senate Armed Services Committee was told.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/IN10776.pdf

Quote:The shortage is most acute among fighter pilots: the Air Force predicts it will be 1,055 fighter pilots short of 3,781 authorized by the end of FY2017
Who's first: N. Korea, Iran or that pesky border where no fucker really wants to pay for a wall.

I suggest Switzerland.
We haven't gotten into a fight with a nation that has even a rudimentary air-defense system since Vietnam.  There we lost nearly 2,300 fixed wing planes to enemy action.

Now we seem to prefer "wars" where the other side can't shoot back.
Ah, make war on England then. We're all too fixated on fighting brown people anyway. An invading army of Whites would probably just walk in. Just don't show that the orange shit gibbon is in charge.
(October 21, 2017 at 3:37 pm)JackRussell Wrote: Who's first: N. Korea, Iran or that pesky border where no fucker really wants to pay for a wall.

I suggest Switzerland.

I thinking he'll target the DNC and CNN.
Outsource the flying to China.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vieilles_a...428147638/
I just don't get it.

Quote:This is a national pilot crisis, not just a military crisis or an Air Force crisis," Brig. Gen. Mike Koscheski, the Air Force's Aircrew Crisis Task Force director, told CNBC in an interview. "The Air Force is partnering with industry to look for ways to just increase pilot production overall...because that's going to be in the interest of the country — not just the military.

Looking for ways to increase pilot production? How the fuck did they allow this situation to develop in the first place? Look at the unit cost of the bastard things.

EA-18G Growler: $102 million.
F-35 Lightning II: $122 million.
P-8A Poseidon: $290 million. (that one is a modified 747, a RyanAir waitress could fly that)
C17A Globemaster III: $328 million (a transport plane, see above.)
F-22 Raptor: $350 million. (how much?)

Are you all seated?
B-2 Spirit: $737 million. Well I'll fucking rotate.

Quote:The military's pilot shortage crisis has been compounded by pilot shortages in the commercial airline industry, which offers aggressive pay. Also, the pilot shortage isn't limited to the U.S. but is a worldwide problem expected to continue for years to come.

So the USAF has billions of dollars of hardware sitting in hangars because the pilots they trained earn more with United Airlines? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Quote:Still, pay isn't always a deciding factor for pilots to leave the military. Family considerations and longer deployments also factor into decisions.

More pilots, shorter deployments?

Quote:Koscheski said the military has increasingly offered retention initiatives that focus on work-life balance and quality of life.

Quality of life? Well ain't that just fuckin sweet!

"Where you bin all your life? Listenin to punk rock music and bad mouthin your country!! This trainin is worth 10 million dollars. But first, you gotta past me!"

But then maybe It's just me and my fascination with machines.

If I had the opportunity to do this, then nothing else would matter. Not even Gawdzilla Sama's flint lock anti aircraft guns.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4610 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Gog Magog civil war with the west WinterHold 37 2077 July 20, 2023 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 5755 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Holocaust survivor perishes as the result of another war Foxaèr 12 1340 May 2, 2022 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1592 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Guess which party onlinebiker 20 1640 August 17, 2021 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war WinterHold 52 3185 April 25, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Op/ed "War on" and "fighting" disease.... Brian37 21 1488 March 29, 2020 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Which comes first? onlinebiker 31 2023 January 27, 2020 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Ike on war... Brian37 45 2714 November 2, 2019 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama