Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War
Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War
‘A colossal failure’ as Gaza’s Hamas terrorists infiltrate, catch Israel unprepared

https://www.timesofisrael.com/a-colossal...nprepared/

Assumption was that Hamas was deterred; it wasn’t. Says former Navy chief: ‘All of Israel is asking itself: Where is the IDF, where is the police, where is the security?’

Precisely 50 years after the Yom Kippur War, Israel was under surprise attack — not by Arab armies, but by the Hamas terrorist group. And with Israeli civilians widely and directly targeted.

As sirens wailed throughout southern and central Israel, and the thuds of rocket impacts and interceptions reverberated, television and social media platforms began broadcasting clips showing what ought to have been unimaginable — including armed terrorists in what appeared to be a convoy of seven or eight white pick-up trucks, four or five gunmen dismounting from one of them on the street of a southern Israeli city, and a handful of others seen running along the sidewalks, weapons drawn.

As rocket and mortar attacks continued, the IDF confirmed what was unfolding: dozens of terrorists had infiltrated into Israel — some by land, some by air on hang-gliders, and, reportedly, some by sea....

(Well, the important thing is Bibi rammed through his emasculation of the judiciary, so now he doesn't have to worry about going to jail in whatever is left of Israel after this war)
RE: Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War
(October 7, 2023 at 10:59 am)LinuxGal Wrote: ‘A colossal failure’ as Gaza’s Hamas terrorists infiltrate, catch Israel unprepared

https://www.timesofisrael.com/a-colossal...nprepared/

Assumption was that Hamas was deterred; it wasn’t. Says former Navy chief: ‘All of Israel is asking itself: Where is the IDF, where is the police, where is the security?’

Precisely 50 years after the Yom Kippur War, Israel was under surprise attack — not by Arab armies, but by the Hamas terrorist group. And with Israeli civilians widely and directly targeted.

As sirens wailed throughout southern and central Israel, and the thuds of rocket impacts and interceptions reverberated, television and social media platforms began broadcasting clips showing what ought to have been unimaginable — including armed terrorists in what appeared to be a convoy of seven or eight white pick-up trucks, four or five gunmen dismounting from one of them on the street of a southern Israeli city, and a handful of others seen running along the sidewalks, weapons drawn.

As rocket and mortar attacks continued, the IDF confirmed what was unfolding: dozens of terrorists had infiltrated into Israel — some by land, some by air on hang-gliders, and, reportedly, some by sea....

(Well, the important thing is Bibi rammed through his emasculation of the judiciary, so now he doesn't have to worry about going to jail in whatever is left of Israel after this war)

Even if he hadn’t gutted the judiciary, Netanyahu wasn’t going to jail.

After this war (more properly, after the current phase of this war), it’s a dead cert that there will be more left of Israel than of Gaza.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 7, 2023 at 11:03 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Even if he hadn’t gutted the judiciary, Netanyahu wasn’t going to jail.

After this war (more properly, after the current phase of this war), it’s a dead cert that there will be more left of Israel than of Gaza.

Has the GOP suggested giving part of Israel away to stop the conflict yet? Or does that only apply when they can carry Putin’s water?
(October 7, 2023 at 11:38 am)LinuxGal Wrote: Has the GOP suggested giving part of Israel away to stop the conflict yet? Or does that only apply when they can carry Putin’s water?

Naturally, the GOP candidates who are happy to let Ukraine be overrun are full of support for Israel.

(October 7, 2023 at 11:38 am)LinuxGal Wrote:
(October 7, 2023 at 11:03 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Even if he hadn’t gutted the judiciary, Netanyahu wasn’t going to jail.

Has the GOP suggested giving part of Israel away to stop the conflict yet? Or does that only apply when they can carry Putin’s water?

It'd have to be the other way around.  Never forget who is occupying who.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Apparently somebody's still pissed after 50 years.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Who funds Hamas? Iran.

Who funds Iran? Russia.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
There will never be peace in the Mideast until both sides get it through their thick skulls that God didn't give them the land to the exclusion of all others.

"Religion is the greatest fomenter of hatred the world has ever known." (H.L. Mencken)

“Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.” (Madalyn Murray-O’Hair)
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(October 7, 2023 at 1:11 pm)brewer Wrote: Apparently somebody's still pissed after 50 years.

Israeli Death Toll Climbs to Over 600, Declares War For First Time Since 1973

https://www.mediaite.com/news/israeli-de...ince-1973/

Israeli media on Sunday reported the death toll from Saturday’s deadly attack on the south of the country by Hamas gunmen has climbed to over 600, primarily civilians who were targeted in their homes....

....Israel’s cabinet official declared war on Sunday afternoon, the first time it had done so since the 1973 Yom Kippur war — an undeniable sign of the lasting impact this surprise attack has had on the country and will likely to have on the region for a long time to come....
(October 8, 2023 at 11:59 am)LinuxGal Wrote:
(October 7, 2023 at 1:11 pm)brewer Wrote: Apparently somebody's still pissed after 50 years.

Israeli Death Toll Climbs to Over 600, Declares War For First Time Since 1973

https://www.mediaite.com/news/israeli-de...ince-1973/

Israeli media on Sunday reported the death toll from Saturday’s deadly attack on the south of the country by Hamas gunmen has climbed to over 600, primarily civilians who were targeted in their homes....

....Israel’s cabinet official declared war on Sunday afternoon, the first time it had done so since the 1973 Yom Kippur war — an undeniable sign of the lasting impact this surprise attack has had on the country and will likely to have on the region for a long time to come....

This is their Pearl Harbor. Their intelligence services clearly failed, a fact which will ramify for decades to come. Their populace will be screaming for vengeance and once Hamas rocket stocks dwindle, we can see even more onerous years ahead for the Palestinians, as well as air attacks on Iranian supply lines leading into the area from both Syria and the Red Sea.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  50 years on death row Thumpalumpacus 48 1508 March 3, 2024 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Gog Magog civil war with the west WinterHold 37 2078 July 20, 2023 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Adnan Oktar, TV cult preacher jailed for 8,658 years in Turkey LinuxGal 1 593 November 18, 2022 at 5:48 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 5763 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Who will become the next Prime Minister of the UK - after Boris Johnson? Dundee 21 1616 July 17, 2022 at 5:07 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Holocaust survivor perishes as the result of another war Foxaèr 12 1354 May 2, 2022 at 8:23 pm
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1595 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1517 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1664 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 1120 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am