Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done!
Big Grin 
I am done!
So, as of tomorrow, officially, I have completed my arduous journey and graduated with my second degree. I have worked 60 hour work weeks combined with 12 credit hours, I have stressed to no end when I quit my job to focus solely on schooling, and I have worked my ass off to maintain a perfect GPA.

I did it. I fucking did it. I applied myself fully, I worked when I thought I couldn't work any more, and I did it.

And it paid off. Before I even had the degree in hand, I had three job offers. I interviewed with three companies.

I start work on January 2nd as a Software Developer for a medium sized tech company here in Nashville.

[Image: 38181861005_a97524cee3_c.jpg]

I am a boss. Ego is big right now. 👀
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: I am done!
I'm happy for you.  I'd say that you certainly belong to a small group of individuals who have the unique/rare talent and work ethic to pull off what you did.  I certainly could not do what you have accomplished.  My hats off to you, sir. Live long and prosper.

Wow.

Seriously well done, SC!

Congratulations.

You deserve all the good things that come your way.
Dying to live, living to die.
You the man SC!

Working your ass off has never killed anyone, but fuck if I'm going to risk it! hehe

Well done man, seriously...

(just don't be THAT guy who starts SKYNET)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Warm congratulations !! Smile
 ... now well-deserved rest, holidays before starting a new job maybe some nice gift for yourself or ... 
whatever you want, you deserve it!
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
Don't encourage him Kitty, He'll just go out and buy a Google pixel 2!

Better still. SC, demand it as part of the new job... Naughty
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well done boss.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(December 15, 2017 at 1:09 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: So, as of tomorrow, officially, I have completed my arduous journey and graduated with my second degree. I have worked 60 hour work weeks combined with 12 credit hours, I have stressed to no end when I quit my job to focus solely on schooling, and I have worked my ass off to maintain a perfect GPA.

I did it. I fucking did it. I applied myself fully, I worked when I thought I couldn't work any more, and I did it.

And it paid off. Before I even had the degree in hand, I had three job offers. I interviewed with three companies.

I start work on January 2nd as a Software Developer for a medium sized tech company here in Nashville.

[Image: 38181861005_a97524cee3_c.jpg]

I am a boss. Ego is big right now. 👀

Congratulations my mid-state friend.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(December 15, 2017 at 1:09 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I am a boss. Ego is big right now. 👀

Wait until you have to maintain legacy code. Angel

Here are some foul words:
Fortran77
Cobol
Lisp

Tongue

Best of luck with your professional life, my friend!
You've earned it!
I am so proud of you! And I'm definitely going to show this accomplishment to my children as proof that if you work hard in college, the rewards are totally worth it.

Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 4143 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 516 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Done with my nursing class Foxaèr 27 2287 July 10, 2018 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2152 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is it Good to Complain When there's Really Nothing that can be Done? Rhondazvous 17 4920 May 25, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Done Here For Awhile AFTT47 38 4607 November 28, 2016 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  We've finally done it! Violet 49 5839 May 6, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  what should i have done in this situation? Rextos 20 2522 February 26, 2016 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  I think I am done with FB again Foxaèr 41 4308 October 6, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Hey, Tibs has done 27 laps around the Sun, Bravo! LastPoet 15 2248 April 29, 2015 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda