Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit Whoops: The Devil Is In The Details
Brexit Whoops: The Devil Is In The Details
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/world...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:Exodus of Foreign Workers Leaves British Employers in the Lurch

Quote:Hospitals are struggling to hire doctors and nurses. British universities are failing to attract foreign academics and students. Bankers are looking for jobs in Germany and France. The construction sector last month warned that British infrastructure faced “severe setbacks” if Britain did not train enough workers to stem a shortfall in laborers from European Union countries. About half of all construction workers in London and the South East are foreign-born.

The “Brexodus,” as it is called, is being felt particularly acutely in the agriculture industry, which relies heavily on manual laborers, especially from poor European countries like Romania and Bulgaria. While Europe is experiencing a boom in “disposable” workers who are sent to all corners of the Continent, many appear to be shunning Britain.

I'm sure there are thousands of unemployed Londoners who can't wait to go to Scotland to work on farms.  "Murrican farmers have already had rousing success in attracting them to leave the cities!

http://fortune.com/2017/08/08/immigratio...ing-crops/

Quote:California Crops Rot as Immigration Crackdown Creates Farmworker Shortage

Perhaps Britain will have better luck?
RE: Brexit Whoops: The Devil Is In The Details
(December 16, 2017 at 2:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/world...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:Exodus of Foreign Workers Leaves British Employers in the Lurch

Quote:Hospitals are struggling to hire doctors and nurses. British universities are failing to attract foreign academics and students. Bankers are looking for jobs in Germany and France. The construction sector last month warned that British infrastructure faced “severe setbacks” if Britain did not train enough workers to stem a shortfall in laborers from European Union countries. About half of all construction workers in London and the South East are foreign-born.

The “Brexodus,” as it is called, is being felt particularly acutely in the agriculture industry, which relies heavily on manual laborers, especially from poor European countries like Romania and Bulgaria. While Europe is experiencing a boom in “disposable” workers who are sent to all corners of the Continent, many appear to be shunning Britain.

I'm sure there are thousands of unemployed Londoners who can't wait to go to Scotland to work on farms.  "Murrican farmers have already had rousing success in attracting them to leave the cities!

http://fortune.com/2017/08/08/immigratio...ing-crops/

Quote:California Crops Rot as Immigration Crackdown Creates Farmworker Shortage

Perhaps Britain will have better luck?

I think the Nasty Party has quadraplegics penned in to do strawberry pickin, and Alzheimers to do surgery.

On a related note I am unsure about Arlene Foster, either she's the most stupid politician the DUP's ever had* or she's the most devious and far sighted politician Sinn Féin's ever had.

*And the DUP is a party which excels in stupidity. Edwin Poots, anyone?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
What cracks me up about the whole brexit thing is that none of the english politicians brexshitter or remainer is taking any notice of Europe. The brexshitters are still blithely confident that they can and are steamrolling the EU into getting a have cake and eat it deal, whereas remain politicians are even more delusional thinking if the deal is bad they can cancel brexit without any reference to the EU27. No numbnutses what happens in that case is ye crash out after no deal if ye refuse the one on the table.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(December 20, 2017 at 3:03 am)Wololo Wrote: What cracks me up about the whole brexit thing is that none of the english politicians brexshitter or remainer is taking any notice of Europe. The brexshitters are still blithely confident that they can and are steamrolling the EU into getting a have cake and eat it deal, whereas remain politicians are even more delusional thinking if the deal is bad they can cancel brexit without any reference to the EU27. No numbnutses what happens in that case is ye crash out after no deal if ye refuse the one on the table.

Indeed we are screwed forever. Brexit, a nation wide act of utter idiocy.
I don't whats worse, that or trump.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

If you take the rapeyness of Trump and the fact he could start a nuclear war away . . . then they're probably equally shitty.
(December 20, 2017 at 11:05 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I don't whats worse, that or trump.

Definitely Trump...
Britain is a idiocy on a national scale but it's effects are limited.
Trump is a idiocy on a global scale with potentially devastating consequences for the entire human race.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I agree with you that Trump is worse, for reasons stated, but Brexit also has shitty global economical effects it's just especially shitty for Britain.
(December 20, 2017 at 11:17 am)Hammy Wrote: I agree with you that Trump is worse, for reasons stated, but Brexit also has shitty global economical effects it's just especially shitty for Britain.

Yeh it's shitty for Britain, but what amazes me is some people still support it till date. I guess things are not shitty enough for them yet.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Maybe Britain's Brexit supporters are like 'Murica's poor white trash Republican supporters. They claim that the Republican party aids them, yet it is the liberal Democratic programs of which they take advantage. If they were real Republicans, they would be rich and they would not need the support of any programs instituted by Democrats.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 20, 2017 at 11:40 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(December 20, 2017 at 11:17 am)Hammy Wrote: I agree with you that Trump is worse, for reasons stated, but Brexit also has shitty global economical effects it's just especially shitty for Britain.

Yeh it's shitty for Britain, but what amazes me is some people still support it till date. I guess things are not shitty enough for them yet.

Doesn't amaze me. There are a lot of people in Britain who are 1. Stubborn. 2. Bigoted. 3. Dumb as fuck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, Brits. How's Brexit Going? Minimalist 190 15549 February 4, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Looks As If Brexit Is Complicated, Too. Minimalist 10 1374 June 23, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Whoops. Anyone Can Make A Mistake Minimalist 4 877 May 8, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Whoops...We Fucked Up. Why Won't You Help Us? Minimalist 10 1131 March 20, 2018 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Whoops. Our Bad. Minimalist 2 791 September 25, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Long But Complete Details of the Magnitsky Act Minimalist 3 512 August 10, 2017 at 12:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yoga Pants are the devil Chad32 35 9564 May 8, 2014 at 9:26 am
Last Post: Chad32