Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali
Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali
Canada to send 6 Griffon helicopters and an estimated 150  peacekeepers on a UN mission to the dangerous country of Mali . This of course was Keeping Justin Trudeau promise to restart Peacekeeping operations. Which stopped  after the disaster in Rwanda and Canada's involvement in the war in Afghanistan .The move has overwhelming support  . But fear are very real history might repeat itself .  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian...-1.4580482
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali
I tell you - I think Canadians are simply too polite to be peacekeepers.  Especially in a shithole like Mali.

I mean, even their road rage is not up to snuff!

(March 19, 2018 at 6:46 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Canada to send 6 Griffon helicopters and an estimated 150  peacekeepers on a UN mission to the dangerous country of Mali . This of course was Keeping Justin Trudeau promise to restart Peacekeeping operations. Which stopped  after the disaster in Rwanda and Canada's involvement in the war in Afghanistan .The move has overwhelming support  . But fear are very real history might repeat itself .  

This is clearly fake news.  '150 peacekeepers', me bony white arse.  Everyone knows that the entire Canadian army consists of a single middle-aged fur trapper who drinks heavily and is still bitter over that divorce.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 19, 2018 at 7:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I tell you - I think Canadians are simply too polite to be peacekeepers.  Especially in a shithole like Mali.

I mean, even their road rage is not up to snuff!

We were tough enough to endure the Congo, Pakistan,Egypt,Cambodia, Somalia,Haiti, Croatia, and the Sudan .

(March 19, 2018 at 7:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 19, 2018 at 6:46 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Canada to send 6 Griffon helicopters and an estimated 150  peacekeepers on a UN mission to the dangerous country of Mali . This of course was Keeping Justin Trudeau promise to restart Peacekeeping operations. Which stopped  after the disaster in Rwanda and Canada's involvement in the war in Afghanistan .The move has overwhelming support  . But fear are very real history might repeat itself .  

This is clearly fake news.  '150 peacekeepers', me bony white arse.  Everyone knows that the entire Canadian army consists of a single middle-aged fur trapper who drinks heavily and is still bitter over that divorce.

Boru
40,000 Troops 
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Legit as fuck, gj canada.  Now..,if we can get our shit straightened out, n. america can go back to being a force for good together....and who could stand up to a combined n. american force for peace? Nobody, that's who.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Congo, Pakistan,Egypt,Cambodia, Somalia,Haiti, Croatia, and the Sudan .

Not exactly glorious UN achievements in large part.
I disagree.  First time in history anyone even gave a shit. It;s okay to fuck it up..that happens sometimes. Trying is improvement when apathy has been the norm.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
they won't spread cholera . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

At least not until it's appropriate to do so and it can be blamed on the US.....  Wink
Trying is good.  Succeeding is much better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas. Minimalist 1041 68436 December 31, 2018 at 11:00 am
Last Post: unfogged
  Anybody planning a Canadian vacation? onlinebiker 21 1835 October 21, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Sexual Harassment Plagues Canadian Parliament And Senate Amarok 1 634 February 2, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Join the NRA! Gawdzilla Sama 20 4818 October 7, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The End Of An Era For Canadian Journalism Amarok 0 577 July 2, 2017 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I Should Join AARP - I Certainly Qualify! Minimalist 4 1325 June 16, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Lynn Beyak fire the bitch or why the canadian senate is FUBAR Amarok 2 852 March 29, 2017 at 11:40 pm
  Vote Rigging Discovered In Canadian Tory Leadership Race Amarok 0 505 March 17, 2017 at 7:07 pm
  Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team account_inactive 9 2677 December 15, 2016 at 10:29 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry dies account_inactive 3 590 October 23, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: account_inactive