Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funeral or reveal party?
Funeral or reveal party?
Your adopted son's funeral and your daughter's baby gender reveal party are on the same day, in different states. Which do you go to, if either, and why?

EDIT: Whoopsie daisy. No poll. Ahh, well. This is all about the convo.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Funeral or reveal party?
But I wanted a poll.

*Crosses arms brashly across chest and stamps foot on the ground like a spoiled child*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Funeral, of course. What the hell is a gender reveal party?

-Teresa
Baby party, for sure.  I don't do funerals.  I don't even plan on being there for my own.  Plus..you said the fucker was adopted right?  Psh, not even my realkin.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 11, 2018 at 9:58 am)Tres Leches Wrote: Funeral, of course. What the hell is a gender reveal party?

-Teresa

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-w...5371f1d001

Quote:Gender reveal parties are one of the hottest trends among today’s expectant parents. They’ve been going on for at least eight years, but in case you aren’t familiar, gender reveal parties are meant to be exactly what they imply: getting a group of friends and/or family together with the expectant parents for a party, and “revealing” the baby’s gender at one time so that everyone present can celebrate the biological sex of the upcoming birth. The “reveal” portion of the party can be done in a variety of ways, most of which can be unearthed by investing some time into a Google or Pinterest search.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Wow I can't believe that's even a decision to make. You go to the funeral. A gender reveal party is as bad as a baby shower.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
LOL, we've been death obsessed for 50k years...I guess.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 11, 2018 at 10:21 am)Khemikal Wrote: LOL, we've been death obsessed for 50k years...I guess.

It gives closure which is why it is 'obsessed' over.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Funeral, and I'd be disappointed my daughter didn't postpone her stupid party for her brother's funeral. Not that I'd go to the Gender Reveal party even if she did, because Gender Reveal parties are dumb. Just post "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" on facebook like normal people.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Funeral, out of respect. I have no respect for excuse parties.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 935 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Party like it's 19999? The Valkyrie 47 8837 April 18, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: KittyAnn
  party like it's 399? SaStrike 14 2086 April 17, 2018 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch
Rainbow Flamboyance in rainbow colors for a party-HALP J a c k 23 2109 August 19, 2017 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Athene
  What would you play at your funeral Amarok 38 3170 December 17, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Chas
  A Third Party Candidate? SteelCurtain 14 1344 June 5, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Forum game: who from AF would you invite to your party? emjay 301 29740 January 9, 2016 at 6:45 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Donlad Trump and the future of the Republican Party TheMonster 20 4433 November 25, 2015 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Your end of the world party! Iroscato 13 2668 April 26, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Dinner Party Of The Dead BrianSoddingBoru4 21 5716 February 11, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13