Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Everyone! Forum is dead.
Tongue 
Bye Everyone! Forum is dead.
Yeah basically i'm not overly impressed with the mental capacitiy and general quality of the atheists on here. Most seem to engage in the same shit behavioural patterns as devout christians-

Indifferance

Egotism

Individualism (which we all know to be destructive)

And many of the more influencial people (mods and admins) here also seem to encourage the worst things within society with little care of how it actually affects anybody- most notably-

Exploitation of people in poverty

Anti Islamic Racism (no real surprise given the media influence)
intermixed with
Pro Israeli Zionism (but is perhaps the more disturbing)

I'm disappointed that as I initially thought, breaking the habit of religion would be the key to "awakening mankind", hasn't turned out to be the case. If I were to judge atheists based on some of the ones here i'd be forced to conclude that they were no better than the man who gives up christianity and proceeds to drink himself to death and shoot his dog being unable to find a reason to still inherantly "be a decent person".

[Image: StressedCat12.jpg]
[Image: cassandrasaid.jpg]
RE: Bye Everyone! Forum is dead.
Good Riddance Mr. "I know best". You're a fucking loon who has no concept of what is pragmatic in either politics or debate.

Go get yourself a dose of this while you're gone: http://www.overcomingbias.com/
Take it easy Cerrone.

Cerrone Wrote:Individualism (which we all know to be destructive)

Don't know about this one.

I find that there are about 12 or so that stick together like shit. They all agree with one another and let anyone who dosen't agree with their little click know about it.

But hey thats how the World is. Don't you love it.
(November 23, 2010 at 9:41 pm)ib.me.ub Wrote: Take it easy Cerrone.

Cerrone Wrote:Individualism (which we all know to be destructive)

Don't know about this one.

I find that there are about 12 or so that stick together like shit. They all agree with one another and let anyone who dosen't agree with their little click know about it.

But hey that's how the World is. Don't you love it.

Attendance here is not mandatory. Feel free to leave at any time

Sniping last posts are pointless, cowardly and pathetic,tending to reinforce the most negative views of other members. They also indicate a complete misunderstanding of the function of internet discussion forums.Viz Platforms where people of similar world views and prejudices can indulge in mental masturbation and insult/ridicule/patronise perfect strangers with the valour bestowed by anonymity. Works for me. When it stops working, I leave without comment.
(November 23, 2010 at 5:45 pm)Cerrone Wrote: Anti Islamic Racism (no real surprise given the media influence)
intermixed with
Pro Israeli Zionism (but is perhaps the more disturbing) [/b][/align]

Hey being anti-Islamic is not racism. Calling people who are anti-Islamic racists is like calling people who are anti-Christian or anti-communist racist.
undefined
So you condemn what you call "anti-islamic" racism, yet on the next line approve of what many would see as "anti-semitic" racism? You are a sick person.

The majority of us here are clearly not racists. Loathing Islam does not equate to racism, for the simple reason that Islam is not a race. As for your other political / social objections, I think I can stand firmly on the side of reason, since I'm not the one who thinks that throwing fire extinguishers at police is perfectly acceptable behaviour.
I am glad you decided to leave, nice projection you made there on your goodbye post, afterall, to leave is just easier than to make a point. Well, see you never, and as for me, don't bother to return. You really showed me what an idiot you are, thanks Smile
btw, The reports of the forums death are greatly exaggerated.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(November 23, 2010 at 9:41 pm)ib.me.ub Wrote: I find that there are about 12 or so that stick together like shit. They all agree with one another and let anyone who dosen't agree with their little click know about it.

But hey thats how the World is. Don't you love it.

Yeah exactly, I seem to remember one of the mods here left for exactly the same reason not too long ago. As always the only thing of any importance regarding "online forums" is that new people with an interest in the subject stumble onto it and are given the impression that whatever these guys spam kudos at is what is the majority opinion held by "atheists".

(November 24, 2010 at 1:11 am)ziggystardust Wrote: Hey being anti-Islamic is not racism. Calling people who are anti-Islamic racists is like calling people who are anti-Christian or anti-communist racist.

Ah well thats a valid response, what I meant was that the racism is somehow legitimised in their eyes if the target happens to be a muslim. And I think you'll agree that in the case with anti-communism to quote the example; it goes hand in hand with anti-russian- the same is true for islam. Duhhh Wink

(November 24, 2010 at 4:48 am)LastPoet Wrote: I am glad you decided to leave, nice projection you made there on your goodbye post, afterall, to leave is just easier than to make a point. Well, see you never, and as for me, don't bother to return. You really showed me what an idiot you are, thanks Smile

Thanks for that.. i have no idea who you are or have ever seen you here before, but thanks all the same.

Anyway, have fun giving kudos to each other and argueing about free will! I'm out for good now Smile
[Image: cassandrasaid.jpg]
(November 24, 2010 at 6:48 am)Cerrone Wrote: Ah well thats a valid response, what I meant was that the racism is somehow legitimised in their eyes if the target happens to be a muslim. And I think you'll agree that in the case with anti-communism to quote the example; it goes hand in hand with anti-russian- the same is true for islam. Duhhh Wink

Racism means somebody taking a hostile attitude towards members of another ethnic group. Since Muslims are a religious group like Christians as opposed to an specific ethnic group, being anti-Islamic is no more racist than being anti-Christian or anti-scientologist.

I bet you are one of those politically correct people who gets their panties in a twist over anti-Islamic positions taken by others. While on the other hand think little of the anti-Christian or anti-semitic positions taken by others. Anyway I believe it is quite legitimate to be anti-Islamic as well as anti-Christian, because they religions as opposed to ethnic groups and people can and do change their religion quite easily.

undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gawdzilla here, say good bye to Tokyo. Gawdzilla 50 11396 April 24, 2011 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla