Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could replace god with satan, would you?
If you could replace god with satan, would you?
I would.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: If you could replace god with satan, would you?
Yes and for the same reason I think women should be elected to congress.

They can't fuck things up any worse than the assholes who are already there.
Hell no why would i trade one asshole for another . Can be just put a rock in charge and get rid of them both .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

If one really did have that kind of power, they wouldn't pick either, that's for sure.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Why not?
One imaginary character is the same as another
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Agree, but in that case the OP's question is flawed (or loaded)...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
[Image: QeHI21pA_o.png]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Kind of hard to say how good or bad Satan would be, given our only information on him comes from his enemies. The leader of which is obsessed with blood and death. But I will say, given how god acts in the bible, I can understad why Satan and a third of the angel population would consider electing a different ruler.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Going by the Bible.... YES.

[Image: no_estimates.jpg]

It's not even fucking close. It's the difference between a serial killer and a genocidal maniac.
Oh I see, now we're all about regime change...huh?  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4047 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 10472 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14890 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Could this exciting 2019 comedy show about God, concern artificial intelligence? blue grey brain 8 1299 February 22, 2019 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  If your child cries it means Satan is in him Ruckus123 8 1918 May 5, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  If you could correct "god's" mistakes... The Valkyrie 50 12896 April 23, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I'd like to ask my fellow atheists if they would be happy to learn there was a god. Whateverist 88 16450 September 4, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2633 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  The only way I could believe ....... Brian37 16 3413 April 28, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I would believe in God if... Won2blv 65 7966 April 6, 2017 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Jeanne