Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property
The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/trump-p...es-report/

Quote:Trump personally ordered the postmaster general to double Amazon’s shipping rates: report

Quote:President Donald Trump has reportedly personally asked the postmaster general to double Amazon’s shipping rates in an escalation of his animosity towards the company and its CEO, Jeff Bezos.

The Washington Post reported Friday on the claim made by three people close to the matter. U.S. Postmaster General Megan Brennan has repeatedly pushed back on the president’s request in a number of conversations occurring both this year and last year.

Brennan told Trump “these arrangements are bound by contracts and must be reviewed by a regulatory commission,” the Post‘s sources said.
RE: The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property
Bezos pockets all of the money he should be paying on freight, which is why he's the richest man. But I do like free shipping for stuff I buy. But if I send a package it costs me an arm and a leg.
The WLB pockets all the money and then declares bankruptcy and fucks his investors.  No wonder he had to go to the Russians for loans.  Everyone else was on to him and the Russkis needed a launderer.
Can we order a new president from Amazon, and get free shipping ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Right. This one is busted.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 19, 2018 at 1:58 am)Minimalist Wrote: The WLB pockets all the money and then declares bankruptcy and fucks his investors.  No wonder he had to go to the Russians for loans.  Everyone else was on to him and the Russkis needed a launderer.

You do realize that if he doubled the postal rate for amazon, the extra money would go to USPS, not into Trumps pocket. The postal service is a self contained government service.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
The "extra money" would go to fedex and ups. The deal with amazon is one of the few things keeping the usps breathing. Theres no point in talking about this like it has anything to do with the usps or a better decision. Bezos existence rustles Trumps jimmies through the WaPo, in addition to being legitimately rich, unlike the pretender in chief.

Fake mail is an extension of fake news. Nothing more or less.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I am also confused by the use of the term banana as an insult. Are you feeling okay, Min?

(May 20, 2018 at 11:23 am)Khemikal Wrote: The "extra money" would go to fedex and ups. The deal with amazon is one of the few things keeping the usps breathing.

That's fine. If they can do it better. Which they can. We don't need a letter carrying service run by the government anymore. It's an obsolete thing, in my opinion.

Edit: Replying to your edit. You are right that it's just all about Trump being petty towards Bezos.
Sure, but..again..if we';re going to have one, it needs a lifeline - and amazon has been that lifeline.

-I'll say this for our federal service....it;s a hedge against "free market" fuckery. Unless, ofc, it;s being pressured to -engage- in that fuckery.............
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 20, 2018 at 11:30 am)Khemikal Wrote: Sure, but..again..if we';re going to have one, it needs a lifeline - and amazon has been that lifeline.

I don't think Trump has the authority to do this anyway. You can't just change a contract because the president wants.

This is what you get when you elect a ceo to be president. I remember reading a criticism of Ross Perot where his campaign manager believed he would do too much micro-managing as president. Now you clearly see that is true with Trump, and way worse, since he does it to suit some personal vendetta of the moment, not for the best interest of the country.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 284 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Who Still Thinks Joe Biden Will Be The Nomine? ReptilianPeon 90 6647 March 11, 2020 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Trump as Eminem thinks WinterHold 7 623 November 4, 2019 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1083 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 14321 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump has blood on his hands WinterHold 60 4381 December 13, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  One Ass-Kicking And Republicunt Marsha Blackburn Changes Her Tune Minimalist 6 987 August 14, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Stolen property, Nixon vs Russia Brian37 1 327 August 5, 2018 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sh*thole craps on his intel again..... Brian37 2 563 August 3, 2018 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  But It Doesn't Matter When There's A Republicunt In Charge! Minimalist 25 3730 July 31, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: johan