Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All.
Hello All.
I'm Miranda, almost 30, mom to four boys. I've been an Atheist for about 4-5 years now. I have been Agnostic, Wiccan, and Christian at some point in my life.

My husband is also Atheist, though he doesn't like to discuss it like I do. Or watch youtube videos on the subject. So, here I am, looking for a place to discuss it.

RE: Hello All.
Welcome to AF!
(December 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm)harsanity Wrote: I'm Miranda, almost 30, mom to four boys. I've been an Atheist for about 4-5 years now. I have been Agnostic, Wiccan, and Christian at some point in my life.

My husband is also Atheist, though he doesn't like to discuss it like I do. Or watch youtube videos on the subject. So, here I am, looking for a place to discuss it.

This is the place!
I've been remiss in my welcomes lately...

Welcome to the forums, Miranda. I have a similar situation. My wife is also an atheist, but doesn't enjoy discussing the topic. She prefers to ignore the whole religion thing entirely. You've come to the right place. Jump in anywhere.
Welcome to the forums! My pea, you will fit in the pod nicely. Smile
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Hi Miranda! Welcome to the forums
undefined
Big welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(December 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm)harsanity Wrote: I'm Miranda, almost 30, mom to four boys. I've been an Atheist for about 4-5 years now. I have been Agnostic, Wiccan, and Christian at some point in my life.
I've been a Christian and a Wiccan too. I'm now an agnostic atheist :-)
Welcome.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Thanks very much Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3572 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 716 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1769 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Hello All! Smedders 11 740 December 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello all Bmanne 23 2974 December 12, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: sebaslopez
  Hello All Mark Alien 24 2683 August 7, 2019 at 11:25 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello all ohio_drg 13 1341 September 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2150 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello all I am new at the forums blackstar 15 3311 October 21, 2015 at 4:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello all ! webrn 32 4200 October 18, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Losty