Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like The WLB Got Hoodwinked
Looks Like The WLB Got Hoodwinked
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/asia/kim-...index.html

Quote:Kim had a great summit. And he didn't even need to give anything away

Quote:But the real reward was five hours with US President Donald Trump on Tuesday, when the two leaders signed a document that essentially reiterated promises North Korea has already made, extracted no new or concrete concessions to demonstrate Pyongyang was committed to denuclearization, and further, spoke of "security assurances" the dictator had long sought from the United States.

"The only thing that Kim has done is suspend testing of weapons, that's not giving them away," said Bruce Bechtol, a professor of political science at Angelo State University who has authored several books on North Korea.

Quote:And to the apparent surprise of South Korea, Trump promised to halt what he called "the war games" -- joint military exercises with South Korea -- that North Korea has long regarded as a provocation. They were expensive, inappropriate -- and "provocative," he said.

To Korea-watchers, the commitment to suspend these regular training drills would raise questions about the continued presence of US forces in the region.

Such a "winner" this putz is!
RE: Looks Like The WLB Got Hoodwinked
(June 12, 2018 at 1:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/asia/kim-...index.html

Quote:Kim had a great summit. And he didn't even need to give anything away

Quote:But the real reward was five hours with US President Donald Trump on Tuesday, when the two leaders signed a document that essentially reiterated promises North Korea has already made, extracted no new or concrete concessions to demonstrate Pyongyang was committed to denuclearization, and further, spoke of "security assurances" the dictator had long sought from the United States.

"The only thing that Kim has done is suspend testing of weapons, that's not giving them away," said Bruce Bechtol, a professor of political science at Angelo State University who has authored several books on North Korea.

Quote:And to the apparent surprise of South Korea, Trump promised to halt what he called "the war games" -- joint military exercises with South Korea -- that North Korea has long regarded as a provocation. They were expensive, inappropriate -- and "provocative," he said.

To Korea-watchers, the commitment to suspend these regular training drills would raise questions about the continued presence of US forces in the region.

Such a "winner" this putz is!
I wonder if I could talk to him about a bridge I'd like to sell?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

So where's that armada?
T.rump will spin it as a different deal in a few days and we'll be back to square one.
-In North Korea, children as young as 11 are routinely subject to forced labour.

-In North Korea, if a political prisoner gives birth, the baby is taken from her, killed, and fed to guard dogs.

-In North Korea, if you aren't in the government or the military, you have no right to food. 

-In North Korea, freedom of movement is so limited that it is virtually impossible for people to go and look for food.

-In North Korea, nearly half of deaths in detention, re-education, or labour camps result from malnutrition.

-In North Korea, girls as young as 14 are forcibly drafted into prostitution.

(Source for the above: Human Rights Watch)

This is the country that Trump has chosen to get cozy with, a Thugocracy that has broken every promise ever made, has killed and detained - without charge or trial - foreign nationals, and starves its own people in order to pay for guns, tanks missiles and bombs.

Good luck on that whole 'changing history thing', Mr. Trump.  We all know Kim would never break his word to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRbj2SinX5E

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Did the US ever care about humanitarianism? Given that we're allies with people based on their resources, rather than whether or not they actually treat their people right. Not that our government really treats our people right anyway.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Trump never met a dictator he did not admire.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(June 12, 2018 at 6:34 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: -In North Korea, children as young as 11 are routinely subject to forced labour.

-In North Korea, if a political prisoner gives birth, the baby is taken from her, killed, and fed to guard dogs.

-In North Korea, if you aren't in the government or the military, you have no right to food. 

-In North Korea, freedom of movement is so limited that it is virtually impossible for people to go and look for food.

-In North Korea, nearly half of deaths in detention, re-education, or labour camps result from malnutrition.

-In North Korea, girls as young as 14 are forcibly drafted into prostitution.

(Source for the above: Human Rights Watch)

This is the country that Trump has chosen to get cozy with, a Thugocracy that has broken every promise ever made, has killed and detained - without charge or trial - foreign nationals, and starves its own people in order to pay for guns, tanks missiles and bombs.

Good luck on that whole 'changing history thing', Mr. Trump.  We all know Kim would never break his word to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRbj2SinX5E

Boru

Well, that was before he tested a nuclear missile that can hit continental US.

Now that he demonstrated a missile that can hit the US,  he is a great and honorable man who cared for his people despite all these things above.
(June 12, 2018 at 6:48 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Did the US ever care about humanitarianism? Given that we're allies with people based on their resources, rather than whether or not they actually treat their people right. Not that our government really treats our people right anyway.

Are you seriously attempting to compare how the US treats its citizens (and I confess to not being an authority on the subject) with the child slave labour, extra-judicial killings, forced prostitution of children, and government-engineered famine that is part and parcel of the Kim dynasty?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 12, 2018 at 7:07 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 12, 2018 at 6:48 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Did the US ever care about humanitarianism? Given that we're allies with people based on their resources, rather than whether or not they actually treat their people right. Not that our government really treats our people right anyway.

Are you seriously attempting to compare how the US treats its citizens (and I confess to not being an authority on the subject) with the child slave labour, extra-judicial killings, forced prostitution of children, and government-engineered famine that is part and parcel of the Kim dynasty?

Boru

North Korea is practically the worst place on the planet, and I think Trump should have demanded more than he did. But don't act like our government cares what Kim does to his people. They don't. If they care about anything, it's just whatever resources the country might have, or securing more power in the area.

Incidentally, we do have extra-judicial killings here. Or at least torture.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dang I Got the Virus LinuxGal 1 503 December 20, 2022 at 10:27 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Gas and Go smoke em if you got em. Taxes. Brian37 25 1837 October 12, 2021 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Marxism, what you got? Spongebob 237 12312 August 31, 2021 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 11023 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I got a Stimulus check. Brian37 51 2612 August 5, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So Not Every WLB Voter Was a Racist Retard. Minimalist 16 1149 October 29, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 867 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  No Wall? The WLB is Unhappy Minimalist 9 895 September 21, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  By Popular demand, a break from the WLB Brian37 5 630 August 14, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Orange Shitgibbon Got Played Minimalist 2 427 July 31, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist