Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Ike Canton as much of a pussy as he his depictd in the 1993 Tombstone film
Was Ike Canton as much of a pussy as he his depictd in the 1993 Tombstone film
Being from southern AZ Old West history has seemed quite fascinating to me. Now, I was watching the film Tombstone with Kurt Russell and several other incredible actors and didn't realize how much of a shit talker Ike Canton was. He constantly makes threats, but seems to never be able to back it up.

Is this historically accurate?
RE: Was Ike Canton as much of a pussy as he his depictd in the 1993 Tombstone film
One of my personal faves, which compelled me to do a little research.  Yes, Ike was, by contemporary accounts, mostly all mouth without much personal courage.  

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Was Ike Canton as much of a pussy as he his depictd in the 1993 Tombstone film
(June 15, 2018 at 6:33 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: One of my personal faves, which compelled me to do a little research.  Yes, Ike was, by contemporary accounts, mostly all mouth without much personal courage.  

Boru

"Fightin's for men!"
(June 15, 2018 at 6:29 am)Libertarian God Wrote: Being from southern AZ Old West history has seemed quite fascinating to me. Now, I was watching the film Tombstone with Kurt Russell and several other incredible actors and didn't realize how much of a shit talker Ike Canton was. He constantly makes threats, but seems to never be able to back it up.

Ike Clanton was a geniune pussy who let the crooked Earps run all over him.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Clanton
All I can think about is stir fry.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 15, 2018 at 6:33 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: One of my personal faves, which compelled me to do a little research.  Yes, Ike was, by contemporary accounts, mostly all mouth without much personal courage.  

Boru

YeAh, his main role in the Gunfight at the OK Corral was to run away and telling the Earps he didn’t want a fight. Admittedly, a reasonable choice of action for an unarmed man against someone aiming to kill you, but significantly less so when you spent the rest of the day threatening to gun said people down.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 15, 2018 at 8:32 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(June 15, 2018 at 6:29 am)Libertarian God Wrote: Being from southern AZ Old West history has seemed quite fascinating to me. Now, I was watching the film Tombstone with Kurt Russell and several other incredible actors and didn't realize how much of a shit talker Ike Canton was. He constantly makes threats, but seems to never be able to back it up.

Ike Clanton was a geniune pussy who let the crooked Earps run all over him.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Clanton

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed the film, that turned out to be a glaring omission - the Earps, by and large, were as bent as a corkscrew.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 16, 2018 at 3:04 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 15, 2018 at 8:32 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Ike Clanton was a geniune pussy who let the crooked Earps run all over him.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Clanton

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed the film, that turned out to be a glaring omission - the Earps, by and large, were as bent as a corkscrew.

Boru

Interesting, I never got that vibe. Not saying they are heroes or anything, just curious to hear your explanation for this.
Wyatt was a horse thief, got arrested for it and broke out of jail.  James Earp was a brothel keeper (read 'pimp').  Wyatt, Morgan and Virgil had full or part ownership in several gambling houses that were not considered 'square', i.e., they ran rigged games.

Boru
(June 16, 2018 at 11:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Wyatt was a horse thief, got arrested for it and broke out of jail.  James Earp was a brothel keeper (read 'pimp').  Wyatt, Morgan and Virgil had full or part ownership in several gambling houses that were not considered 'square', i.e., they ran rigged games.

Boru

Interesting. What do you know of Doc? Was he as much of a bad ass as depicted in the 1993 film? If you don't know I will just go research it myself, but you seem to know your stuff Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How much do you know about the raid on Pearl Harbor? Gawdzilla Sama 43 3597 December 15, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ambrosia: That's How Much I Feel vorlon13 6 1678 July 4, 2017 at 9:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Another Triumph for Israel Finkelstein and his Team Minimalist 0 533 June 29, 2017 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Wow. I wonder how much this will cost? Minimalist 3 954 August 25, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Seems the Angkor Wat complex is much larger than previously thought. GUBU 1 736 June 11, 2016 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Cavemen Were Much Better At Illustrating Animals Than Artists Today Pyrrho 15 3755 September 3, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Harry Houdini Became the James Randi of his Time ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 7 1551 July 22, 2015 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Exian
  Why is Canada so much different from America? Lemonvariable72 56 13200 December 11, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Lao Shizi
  Islam must accept much of the blame for today's bloody chaos TubbyTubby 0 1071 June 21, 2014 at 12:42 am
Last Post: TubbyTubby