Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Gatwick airport flights grounded by drones
UK Gatwick airport flights grounded by drones
Quote:Tens of thousands of passengers have been disrupted by drones flying over one of the UK's busiest airports.

Gatwick's runway has been shut since Wednesday night, as devices have been repeatedly flying over the airfield.

Sussex Police said it was not terror-related but a "deliberate act" of disruption, using "industrial specification" drones.

About 110,000 passengers on 760 flights were due to fly on Thursday. Disruption could last "several days".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-46623754

I think man-made climate change (MMCC) activists are the most likely culprits. How inventive  Read
RE: UK Gatwick airport flights grounded by drones
I think its stupid people, that clearly need regulation. It happened in Portugal. How do you go about your conclusion is right about weird.
"Stupid people"...with the commitment, finances and coordination to ground a whole airport at one of the busiest times of the year with "industrial grade drones" for...shits and giggles? And you say my explanation is weird...

Not to mention the fact they've managed to evade capture thus far. "Stupid people" lol
Aerial combat requires aerial warriors. Paging the harpy eagles.

[Image: a52b44449086da29acc51200f8126fef.jpg]

(December 20, 2018 at 2:31 pm)Editz Wrote: I think man-made climate change (MMCC) activists are the most likely culprits. How inventive  Read

That'd be a rare show of competence, lol.

(what happened to AGW?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The more names it has the better...another is MMGW. David Attenborough and Stephen Hawkins...hardly incompetent. Trump OTOH...

ETA: Also the sad truth is that "anthropogenic" is an awfully long and inaccessible word for many in the UK Consoling
............................?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 20, 2018 at 2:31 pm)Editz Wrote: I think man-made climate change (MMCC) activists are the most likely culprits. How inventive  Read

How did you draw that conclusion?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 20, 2018 at 3:56 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:

How did you draw that conclusion?

I've been wondering for some time why, say, Extinction Rebellion haven't been targeting airports. Jet planes dump tons of CO2 straight into the upper atmosphere see - it's one of the very worst (and most needless, frankly) causes of AGW.

(December 20, 2018 at 3:55 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: ............................?

Que?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation 11:30 (local Time) Iranian Drones were detected moving toward Israel Leonardo17 35 962 Yesterday at 8:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 578 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The WLB Must Be Afraid Of What The Drones Might See. Minimalist 0 578 May 25, 2017 at 1:34 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Confused old man lost at Brussels' airport Mr.Obvious 3 980 May 25, 2017 at 1:24 am
Last Post: c172
  Former Norway PM held at Washington airport Thal 22 2123 February 5, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Fatal shooting at Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport (FLL) c172 45 6022 January 6, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Samsung Galaxy Note 7 banned from US flights account_inactive 35 3287 October 15, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: brewer