Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don' t insult the seller.
Don' t insult the seller.
It can cost you extra.

A few weeks ago, I came home and found a note stuck in my door.

Some guy was interested in buying my Chevy S10 4x4 - a ratty old work truck I had parked next to the barn. I had been considering selling it - so I called the number he left.

Talking to the guy - he struck me as a dipshit. He cemented that, when I asked him what he was thinking of - price wise. ( after all, I wasn't advertising it as being for sale).

"How does FREE sound?"

Uhhh.. It sounds like the wrong answer - but thanks for playing..

Click !!!! I hang up.

I make a quick note of the guy' s number - and memorize the last 4 digits.

A couple weeks go by - and I decide to sell - and put it online for "x".

I park it out front with a for sale sign.

Sure as shit - the dipshit is the first to call. He offered 1/2 " x"...

Wrong answer.

He' s called several more times - whining, and offering a few pence more each time.

I have one girl who has offered " almost X" - and will probably take that..

I'm holding out for the dipshit to call back offering " X", so I can tell him that for him - it' s X +......

Smile
RE: Don' t insult the seller.
I can't blame people for being hopeful and trying to save a few dollars, but I can blame them for being disconnected from reality. The last time I sold a car I described the car's condition very well, listed what the KBB value was for a car in that condition, and listed my price slightly less than the KBB value. I said very clearly in my ad that I was very firm on this price and that I would not negotiate the price, and that I was not interested in any trades. My price was $4200. Within a couple of hours a guy contacted me with an offer of $2800. I asked him if he would give me $5800. He said, "What? That makes no sense."
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
My wife owns an antique shop in the town.  Some months ago, a customer was interested in a Waterford drinks set priced at $700.  He said to my wife, 'I'll give you $400.'

Ellen answered, 'That'll be lovely!  Of course if you want the crystal, it'll be $700.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
We bought a 96 Saturn SC2 last week - clean - only real problem is a non- critical crack in the windshield. The windshields for these are pricey due to the 90 degree corner wraps - and I pointed it out to the seller that a new original style windshield goes for $400 installed.

I then asked his best cash on spot price. He said he' d go half the windshield - making the price $1000.

I whipped out ten dead Bens for him.

Everybody happy.

( we then drove it the 2 1/2 hours home with no problems - it' s the last time it will see winter driving. This sucker is CLEAN)
When I was collecting gun with military history I was offered one of the Gatling guns that Custer failed to take to Little Big Horn with him. The guy wanted 25K U$D for it, delivered. I asked him if I could see the paper trail. He said he had to charge for that. I said thanks and stoppd talking to him.
(January 17, 2019 at 12:58 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: When I was collecting gun with military history I was offered one of the Gatling guns that Custer failed to take to Little Big Horn with him. The guy wanted 25K U$D for it, delivered. I asked him if I could see the paper trail. He said he had to charge for that. I said thanks and stoppd talking to him.

Yeah - it was probably going to run a few bucks for him to get some "providence papers" made up at Kinko's.....
Turned out he was legit, but a bit of PITA about extracting the last ducat.

I didn't have a proper place to store the thing anyway.
(January 17, 2019 at 10:10 am)onlinebiker Wrote: It can cost you extra.

Some guy was interested in buying my Chevy S10 4x4 - a ratty old work truck I had parked next to the barn. I had been considering selling it - so I called the number he left.

Talking to the guy - he struck me as a dipshit. He cemented that, when I asked him what he was thinking of - price wise. ( after all, I wasn't advertising it as being for sale).

"How does FREE sound?"

Click !!!! I hang up.

Wrong answer.

He' s called several more times - whining, and offering a few pence more each time.

I'm holding out for the dipshit to call back offering " X", so I can tell him that for him - it' s X +......

Smile

I'll buy it off you for v (half X), but I'll throw in 2 ys and a w.
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 17, 2019 at 5:54 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(January 17, 2019 at 10:10 am)onlinebiker Wrote: It can cost you extra.

"How does FREE sound?"

Click !!!! I hang up.

Wrong answer.

Smile

I'll by it off you for v (half X), but I'll throw in 2 ys and a w.

Only if you throw in a π....

I prefer coconut creme..

Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3924 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Insult yourself! robvalue 35 4186 January 14, 2015 at 1:57 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  What's your favorite swear word/insult? Losty 245 31438 January 7, 2015 at 7:51 am
Last Post: Little lunch
Wink The silly insult thread LastPoet 68 12030 May 30, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  The Insult LastPoet Thread LastPoet 19 4480 July 23, 2010 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Insult EvidenceVsFaith Thread Edwardo Piet 51 13366 May 5, 2010 at 11:47 am
  One Line Insult quotes. Edwardo Piet 6 14152 October 14, 2008 at 8:58 am