Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:29 pm

Poll: Do you prefer days that feel short or days that feel long?
This poll is closed.
I prefer "short days".
33.33%
2 33.33%
I prefer "long days".
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relative time and Short and Long Days
Relative time and Short and Long Days
You know how a day can feel really quick and short, but it can also feel really slow and long....

...which do you prefer?

I personally prefer the long days. I honestly despise those days that are over as soon as they've started so the entire day seems pointless and I feel that at this rate I'll be old and dead in no time.

So as I said, which do you prefer? A long day or a short day?
RE: Relative time and Short and Long Days
I prefer shorter days, mostly because I'm more of a night-owl so I tend to have most of my waking hours during the night.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
I used to be a night-owl, I can't do that anymore sadly.
Every day is the same to me in terms of the relative time that I feel. So, there's no such thing as "longer days" and "shorter days" for me.

Even if there is a small difference, I think it depends on what I did during that day and how it went for me. The relative time doesn't matter because some of the "short days" can go well for me while others can be a lot worse for me. The same thing with the "long days" (again, because some are good and some are not that good). The point is that my preference depends on how I'm going to spend my time during the day as opposed to whether the day feels long or short to me. I don't care about the relative time because I don't feel that much of a difference anyways.
I prefer long naps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ten Short Years Foxaèr 6 712 March 15, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: brewer
  8 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 44 2624 December 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  2375 Days and Counting onlinebiker 10 986 September 20, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What are you missing these days? Gawdzilla Sama 18 1465 April 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  30 Days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 61 4038 December 31, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  80 days to go. onlinebiker 77 11007 September 2, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Long time no see T.J. 15 1341 August 8, 2019 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  It's all relative no one 3 437 August 7, 2019 at 10:07 am
Last Post: brewer
  Nineteen days left Foxaèr 50 3571 April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am
Last Post: madog
  13 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 195 14264 November 29, 2018 at 1:16 pm