Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mel Gibson's apology movie?
Mel Gibson's apology movie?
Back when Mel Gibson made that movie "Passion" there was a huge backlash of people reacting to the antisemitism in the movie, so much so that Gibson decided to make a pro-Jewish movie to show everyone how he is not an anti-Semite. The movie was supposed to be based on “Books of the Maccabees” which are available in some Bibles (depending on Christian denomination).

Of course, this pro-Jewish movie that was supposed to show how Mel Gibson is not an anti-Semite never got made. I mean can you believe that?

So, what kind of movie do you think Mel Gibson should make to redeem himself for his antisemitic “Passion” movie and his overall racist behavior? What do you think that movie should be about?

One idea would be that he makes a trilogy of movies with the first movie set in medieval times in Europe about two gay Jews played by Mel Gibson and Jim Caviezel that are totally into each other, and suck each other’s circumcised dicks. But they are also in constant mortal danger from inquisition because they are Jews and Christians hate them because they think they steal holy wafers, and ultimately Mel Gibson has to be burned at stake by Christians for his Judaism and love of men.

The second movie would Mel Gibson dedicate to his own father and the movie would be about the holocaust. Where Mel plays a gay Jew in a death camp where Jim Caviezel plays a Nazi guard who is also his ex-lover and Mel has to sacrifice himself to save him.

The third movie could be set in the 1980s in the Reagan Christian-fueled AIDS denial era where, again, Mel and Jim play gay lovers and then Jim is dying of AIDS while Mel is trying to explain Christians that they are not monsters and that AIDS is not a punishment from Jesus.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Mel Gibson's apology movie?
Do you have any idea how monumentally offensive that post is?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
No more or less monumentally offensive than Mel's movie....or christianity.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 7, 2020 at 7:57 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: No more or less monumentally offensive than Mel's movie....or christianity.

I think I see. The answer to Mel Gibson’s being a hideous twat is to suggest that he portray a homosexual.

Yeah, that’ll help.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 7, 2020 at 8:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 7, 2020 at 7:57 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: No more or less monumentally offensive than Mel's movie....or christianity.

I think I see. The answer to Mel Gibson’s being a hideous twat is to suggest that he portray a homosexual.

Yeah, that’ll help.

Boru

Seriously?... To me it seems more FM is using reductio ad absurdum of Mel Gibson's thoughts rather than FM's own....
Mel plays an odd looking New Yorker who prefers sarcasm to honest work.  Through some meet cute copped from a '40s movie, he sleeps with a beautiful girl way out of his league.  He uses all the quirky, pathetic manipulations he can summon to keep the girl.  When her brother, a former NFL tight end turned red tie politician, Chris Hemsworth, finds out his sister is dating a Jew, he takes measures to break them up.  Hilarity ensues.  Romantic intrigue turns.  Serious moments occur.  Mel and Chris fall in love and get married.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of a Jesus movie would you make? Fake Messiah 18 2143 August 16, 2023 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Movie/Song titles for everyday situations. The Valkyrie 1 352 October 25, 2021 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The scariest movie I saw as a child was: ignoramus 19 1198 April 26, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Nicholas Cage in every movie Fake Messiah 6 1248 June 2, 2018 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jeopardy style Siri Movie Title Translator Brian37 21 2071 December 11, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Just stumbled on a Waynes Bro comedy movie. Brian37 1 647 July 30, 2017 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Art of the Deal, Funny or Die movie of the Week Aroura 0 721 February 11, 2016 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Movie/TV line mashup...... Brian37 91 6320 December 22, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fake movie posters, book covers... Fake Messiah 2 1027 December 6, 2015 at 9:02 am
  Tv/movie character memes with a twist ignoramus 2 1341 October 1, 2015 at 1:33 pm