Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of a Jesus movie would you make?
What kind of a Jesus movie would you make?
Movies about Jesus are everywhere. There are millions of them, and more are made every year. Sometimes they are made for artsy-fartsy reasons and sometimes by Stephen Baldwin (e.g. Peter: The Redemption), but they all end up looking like a Stephen Baldwin movie.

So you are a movie director, and a studio boss is throwing money at you and ordering that you make him a movie about Jesus. It doesn't matter what kind of movie (it can be set in the future, past, present, it can be a Western, horror, sports, opera, erotica, action, detective) as long as it is about a guy named Jesus and preserves themes from the Bible to make him recognizable that it is about him.

What do you do? What kind of movie do you make?

I would make a movie set in past (NT times) in which Jesus was a gay guy who had 12 disciples fighting for social justice. As he was a miracle god-man, he impregnates his beloved disciple John, which scares people around them, and thus this is the reason they crucify him. Judas gets jealous because he was the one who wanted to carry Jesus' semen to full term, so he betrays him with a kiss.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: What kind of a Jesus movie would you make?
I’d make a film set just before, during, and after Jesus’ purported lifetime, laying out how messianic prophecies and Jewish eschatology led to the invention of the Jesus of Nazareth character.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A ragtag group of indivudals, who didn't want to or couldn't work, following a charasmitic leader. They would rome from town to town preaching and asking for handouts. Then they would claim that the leader performed miracles after the group were three or more towns away. Word of mouth would exaggerate the initial bogus claim(s).

What's the quote, 'there's a sucker is born every minute'?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'd focus on Jesus' multiple personalities. Make it a drama about how his hidden divine side is at war with his understandably frightened human side.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Read the ending of my Sapience novel to find out. Wink

There are a couple chapters near the end where I touched upon that time period in history.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I’d focus on Jesus’ corpse rotting.     If there ever existed the “jesus”, then the only thing about him of which we can be absolutely and entirely certain is he died and did not rise from the dead.    So that would be the only thing the movie can depict without fear of being historically inaccurate.      coincidentally, that also happen to be one thing about him around which has long been a disgraceful amount confusion, in dire and vastly overdue need of clarification.
A muppet movie where jesus play the villain. He's upset with Miss Piggy for stealing muhammad away.
Gay Jesus buys a disco in Jerusalem. Magic Mike decides he's bi.
Body of christ takes on new meaning, huh?
Booty of Christ.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you abort Jesus? Fake Messiah 6 59 6 hours ago
Last Post: Angrboda
  which tattoo would Jesus have? Fake Messiah 11 542 January 9, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  You are a specialty burglar, what would you do? arewethereyet 44 3598 November 13, 2021 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Movie/Song titles for everyday situations. The Valkyrie 1 350 October 25, 2021 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The scariest movie I saw as a child was: ignoramus 19 1196 April 26, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  If you were alone on the planet, what would you do? Fake Messiah 59 4270 May 15, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Mel Gibson's apology movie? Fake Messiah 5 519 April 7, 2020 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  What Would You Like Named After You? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1685 March 18, 2020 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Nicholas Cage in every movie Fake Messiah 6 1246 June 2, 2018 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jeopardy style Siri Movie Title Translator Brian37 21 2071 December 11, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Brian37