Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancel Rent Movement
Cancel Rent Movement
Where do these ignorant fucks come from?

Gee - let's quit paying the rent, water, electric and garbage bill - and nobody can evict us! Hey - we want free premium cable too! It's our RIGHT!.

Facepalm

These twats been living in their parent's basement too long.....

I live on a fixed income. I have to replace my entire bathroom -shower, sink, flooring, plumbing - ect - because of shitty work my ex brother in law did years ago.... Nobody else is gonna pay for it... Nobody else is going to do the work.

Freeloaders want sympathy? Check the dictionary - it's in between "shit" and "syphilis".
RE: Cancel Rent Movement
(August 27, 2020 at 2:13 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Where do these ignorant fucks come from?

Gee - let's quit paying the rent, water, electric and garbage bill - and nobody can evict us! Hey - we want free premium cable too! It's our RIGHT!.

Facepalm

I live on a fixed income. I have to replace my entire bathroom -shower, sink, flooring, plumbing - ect - because of shitty work my ex brother in law did years ago.... Nobody else is gonna pay for it... Nobody else is going to do the work.

Freeloaders want sympathy? Check the dictionary - it's in between "shit" and "syphilis".

As a limited, temporary measure, it’s probably not a horrible idea. Large parts of the Cancel Rent movement have also called for the establishment of a ‘landlord hardship trust’.

Cancelling rents, while making sure that owners of rental properties don’t wind up in default, is probably going to be less economically damaging than shattered credit ratings, food insecurity, and a massive increase in homelessness. And a lot of people are at risk of these through no fault of their own.

Boru
_____

Edit: I looked up some stuff. The average. rent in the US is a little over $17 000/year. The average cost to taxpayers of caring for a single homeless person is more that double that, at about $40 000/year. So, under a rent cancellation scheme which includes reimbursing landlords for lost rent, a family of four (with rent forgiven for a year) would save taxpayers $143 000. Probably more, as people with a place live may not be as likely to resort to crime.
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You wanna know where the Cancel Rent movement came from? Maybe from the economic ruin left by the current pandemic.

While I can’t be sure about the long-term feasibility of such a plan, bear in mind that we’re living in a pandemic, and because people don’t want it to spread like wildfire, people are staying home. Even as lockdowns are easing, they’re still staying at home. And often, this means they can’t go to their jobs. And many of these people were living paycheck to paycheck before it, and now that the paychecks aren’t coming in and many of their former jobs don’t even exist anymore, their position is even more unstable. I highly doubt there’s a really “good” option. We can either A) just force them to go back to work (if their job’s still there) and expose them to the deadly virus; B) keep business going for the renters as usual, ultimately creating mass evictions and a massive rise in homelessness; or C) temporarily suspend rent (and hopefully find ways to subsidize the owners to tide them over) so that these people at least have a roof over their heads.

I don’t know how viable a long-term abolition of rent would be and I’ll withhold my support for it until some municipality can demonstrate that it can be pulled off, but in the short term, it’s probably the best thing we can do.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(August 27, 2020 at 2:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 27, 2020 at 2:13 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Where do these ignorant fucks come from?

Facepalm

As a limited, temporary measure, it’s probably not a horrible idea. Large parts of the Cancel Rent movement have also called for the establishment of a ‘landlord hardship trust’.

Cancelling rents, while making sure that owners of rental properties don’t wind up in default, is probably going to be less economically damaging than shattered credit ratings, food insecurity, and a massive increase in homelessness. And a lot of people are at risk of these through no fault of their own.

Boru

Something for nothing.....

It's garbage.

Some of these cunts have been getting unemployment PLUS $600 a week. In many cases that is in excess of double what they made working.

And they can't make it on THAT?
(August 27, 2020 at 2:56 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 27, 2020 at 2:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: As a limited, temporary measure, it’s probably not a horrible idea. Large parts of the Cancel Rent movement have also called for the establishment of a ‘landlord hardship trust’.

Boru

Something for nothing.....

It's garbage.

Some of these cunts have been getting unemployment PLUS $600 a week. In many cases that is in excess of double what they made working.

And they can't make it on THAT?

As I understand it, the extra $600 is gone and regular unemployment payments in the US aren’t all that much. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
_____

Another edit: Yeah, unemployment compensation in the US generally suck. You live in Michigan (I think). The maximum unemployment benefit there is $362/week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.savingt...state/amp/

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
And that $362 is with dependents, and that’s done for a maximum of 20 weeks. And the 20-week mark from lockdown beginning in Michigan passed on August 8. And the average rent In Detroit is $1051, so, if you know some basic math, you can start to see the financial problem with relying on unemployment.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Looking shit up again.

The lowest rent among large cities in Michigan is Detroit. Average rent there is a little more than a thousand a month ($1064).

So..362 x 4 =1448. After rent, that leaves $384 for power, water, sewer, garbage, food, transportation (and petrol for the same), insurance, etc etc.

Seems doable, if these bums could shake their eating habit. Join a fucking 12 Step programme, whydonacha?

Boru
(August 27, 2020 at 3:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Looking shit up again.

The lowest rent among large cities in Michigan is Detroit. Average rent there is a little more than a thousand a month ($1064).

So..362 x 4 =1448. After rent, that leaves $384 for power, water, sewer, garbage, food, transportation (and petrol for the same), insurance, etc etc.

Seems doable, if these bums could shake their eating habit. Join a fucking 12 Step programme, whydonacha?

Boru
I did unemployment for an entire year - by myself - with no additional income. If memory serves it was about $250 a week. (Mid 1990's).

It was like an extended vacation. I had absolutely no problem making ends meet.
People facing eviction probably don't feel like they're on extended vacations.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 27, 2020 at 4:05 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: People facing eviction probably don't feel like they're on extended vacations.
This is just OLB bullshit ideology on full display essentially everyone's  a conniving cheat who just wants to take advantage and no ones really hard done by . It's borderline social darwinian .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cancel culture comes back to bite us on the arse! ignoramus 9 614 April 20, 2021 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Cancel Culture onlinebiker 24 1259 July 21, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Parkland Rent a Cop Charged. onlinebiker 75 8229 June 11, 2019 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saudi Arabia:Activists appeal to Mariah Carey to cancel Saudi Arabia performance WinterHold 12 1215 January 30, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  This space for rent: NASA considers ads on spacecraft - good or bad? Angrboda 16 612 September 13, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Guess what? A "White Lives Matter" movement is coming. Foxaèr 9 1157 October 11, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Outspoken Members of the Feminist Movement? Sorianwarrior 37 2814 August 5, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Perhaps This Is A Ploy by The Stop Trump Movement? Minimalist 7 1328 July 27, 2016 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist