Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another C19 Casualty
Another C19 Casualty
I went up to the corner store to get my deer licenses - as doe tags go on sale as of 10 a.m. this morning.

It's almost noon - and no tags.

The DNR system is overwhelmed and the store owner can't get the system to run.

My best guess - everyone is trying to buy tags on the internet -because they are stuck at home - and the server can't handle the traffic.

Just another "that sucks".
RE: Another C19 Casualty
Bambi! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo  Think Hungry
I've always wanted to go hunting, but I've never been. I'm 46 now so I'll probably never do it. The only person I know that hunts is my uncle and he is old as shit!
How did Bambi become a girl's name? Think
Never heard of a person being called Bambi...nor Thumper. Rabbit meat any good? Been a long time.

[Image: tumblr_nl9nz8tdwH1tu8sz5o1_500.gif]
(September 8, 2020 at 1:10 pm)Lawz Wrote: Never heard of a person being called Bambi...nor Thumper. Rabbit meat any good? Been a long time.

You've never been to a strip club eh?

Rabbit meat is the shizznit! It tastes sweet and is very soft meat.
(September 8, 2020 at 1:11 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote:
(September 8, 2020 at 1:10 pm)Lawz Wrote: Never heard of a person being called Bambi...nor Thumper. Rabbit meat any good? Been a long time.

You've never been to a strip club eh?

Rabbit meat is the shizznit! It tastes sweet and is very soft meat.

Nope, never had the inclination. 

Back to those rabbits - when I was...ooooh, say 9 years old I attempted to climb over a barbed wire fence to "get at" some rabbits in a field (I THINK I just wanted to pet them...perhaps I was hungry hahaha can't remember). Anyway I cut my fingers pretty badly in the attempt and ended up in casualty. 

Bloody seductive rabbits   Hilarious
My friend's mother raised rabbits for meat so they always had rabbit hot dogs and other rabbit products, like they would cut butcher them like you would a chicken and they would bake them up that way. It was a little weird playing with cut bunnies then eating their parents and knowing that the little ones will only be grown up to butcher. In fact, the first time I was told that they were preparing a rabbit (I was 6 or 7 at the time) I insisted on watching the chicken and rabbit being slain to make sure I was ok with eating meat. I watched the whole thing and that is when I knew that meat was just part of being human.
Cool story...I'm somewhat impressed at your youthful "we have to see, we have to know!" attitude. One thought I have these days is that, if veganism/vegetarianism did become the norm, all those food animals would never be born/live at all because there would be no demand for their "products." Has this occurred to the "ethical" vegetarian/vegan I wonder, particularly RE free range meat.
(September 8, 2020 at 1:51 pm)Lawz Wrote: Cool story...I'm somewhat impressed at your youthful "we have to see, we have to know!" attitude. One thought I have these days is that, if veganism/vegetarianism did become the norm, all those food animals would never be born/live at all because there would be no demand for their "products." Has this occurred to the "ethical" vegetarian/vegan I wonder, particularly RE free range meat.

So, I'm all about eating meat, but one thing that distresses me a bit is how factory farms treat their animals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4540 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Day, another derogatory book about Trump. Jehanne 25 2332 August 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6926 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  Another Rapist - Another Asshole Judge Minimalist 13 3512 August 22, 2016 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist