Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No knock warrants
No knock warrants
I have never thought no knock warrants were a good idea - except in cases of imminent threat of loss of life. Too many people die over a few thousand dollars worth of drugs getting flushed down a toilet.

There is another option -

Make the act of trying to flush evidence a felony multiplier.  That is - if they catch you trying to flush evidence - you get double or triple whatever sentance you get.
RE: No knock warrants
Looked it up. If you destroy (or conceal or tamper with) evidence to hide a felony crime, doing so already carries its own penalty of twenty years in prison, in addition to whatever else you’re convicted of. 

But the justification for no-knocks is only secondarily to preserve evidence. It’s primary justification is to keep bad guys from getting the drop on the cops.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 16, 2020 at 11:14 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Looked it up. If you destroy (or conceal or tamper with) evidence to hide a felony crime, doing so already carries its own penalty of twenty years in prison, in addition to whatever else you’re convicted of. 

But the justification for no-knocks is only secondarily to preserve evidence. It’s primary justification is to keep bad guys from getting the drop on the cops.

Boru

That primary reason is just dumb.

If the cops knock on my door - I will answer it.

If they come busting down my door in the middle of the night - they will be answered by gunfire.....

And a really bad guy likely has perimeter guarding - so he already knows the cops are there - and will open fire before the cops get inside....
It might help if they get the address correct.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You'd be dead if you opened fire on armored cops. Get a better plan.
(September 16, 2020 at 11:43 am)onlinebiker Wrote: And a really bad guy likely has perimeter guarding - so he already knows the cops are there - and will open fire before the cops get inside....

In the movies...sure.  In reality, law enforcement doesn't face any real pushback when it comes to executing warrants.  Knock or no knock.  

It's not a dangerous job.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 16, 2020 at 11:47 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: You'd be dead if you opened fire on armored cops. Get a better plan.

Or dead if some cocksucker is trying to kill you and you DON'T open fire.....

Around here the cops don't use armor. Most don't even wear vests.
No wonder they're always afraid for their lives. Cant find any pots and pans, or....?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Try not living in a shithole.

Our county has never had a law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty.

Not even a traffic accident.
(September 16, 2020 at 11:43 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 16, 2020 at 11:14 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Looked it up. If you destroy (or conceal or tamper with) evidence to hide a felony crime, doing so already carries its own penalty of twenty years in prison, in addition to whatever else you’re convicted of. 

Boru

That primary reason is just dumb.

If the cops knock on my door - I will answer it.

If they come busting down my door in the middle of the night - they will be answered by gunfire.....

And a really bad guy likely has perimeter guarding - so he already knows the cops are there - and will open fire before the cops get inside....

Well, for one thing, you’re not a drug dealer (as far as we knowWink  ).  Drug dealers are notorious for not opening their doors to cops.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson