Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:32 am

Poll: Martyrs poll
This poll is closed.
Gods plan and freewill never contradict each other. It was gods plan and Obama's fault.
0%
0 0%
There is no god and it was the pirates fault.
66.67%
8 66.67%
A loving god plans for families to be murdered by pirates?!?
16.67%
2 16.67%
This is proof that Allah was supporting and protecting the pirates, as planned by His Holy and Righteous Power PBUH!
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus plan AND Obama's fault
Jesus plan AND Obama's fault
http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?156456-P...&p=2021722

This is a thread on Rapture Ready about the missionaries who were killed by Somali pirates. Many of them are thrilled that there fellow Christians were martyred and say that it is all part of Gods mysterious plan. Some also blame Obama for the pirate attack instead of the pirates who did the murdering.

Here are some quotes

Quote:-carol1948

It is so amazing how our God works. These people had been serving our Lord in this way since 2004 and I had never heard of them. Now, the Lord takes them home and the whole world hears of them and their/His work. Even as we are saddened by this occurrence we know that it is our LORD'S perfect will and timing. And we pray too that their families be comforted as only our LORD can comfort.

and then this one:

Quote:- Acts5:41

I hope I get killed for Jesus.

We don't know what they endured, or might have had they lived. Right now they're in Heaven, wearing a martyrs crown, living Revelation 21:4.

Not only that, but people like me are going to be even more determined to hand out as many Bibles as possible.

and then this one:

Quote:-WVBORN56

Sean Hannity was just talking about this a few minutes ago on he TV show on Fox. He made the statement had this occured under President Reagan the Somalian ship would have been blown out of the water and wondered why in the 21st century why do we still have pirates. He said under Reagan it was peace thru strength and under Obama it is peace thru weakness. The worlds nations do as they please without fear of repercussion under this President. He has set our foreign policy back a hundred years.

My questions are: How can they say it is all part of gods plan, but blame Obama for it happening? How can they get mad at Obama who had nothing to do with it, but praise a god who actually could have stopped it? Why are they mad at Obama and not at god? If it is gods plan, then Obama had no choice but to do as god commanded, and if that is true then why is Obama being blamed and not god? How does freewill and gods plan fit into this discussion without contradicting each other?
RE: Jesus plan AND Obama's fault
I voted, "There is no god and it was the pirates fault.".
Reading those comments helps me understand that xtians are the stupidest fucks going.
(March 4, 2011 at 11:33 am)Minimalist Wrote: Reading those comments helps me understand that xtians are the stupidest fucks going.

I think the Muslim fundies are giving the christian fundies a run for their money in that situation.
Yeah but the muslims have been in the Dark Ages for centuries. What excuse do xtians have for still being morons in the enlightened West?
(March 4, 2011 at 11:38 am)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah but the muslims have been in the Dark Ages for centuries. What excuse do xtians have for still being morons in the enlightened West?

Point taken and I admit defeat.. its hard to argue against that.
*Is not surprised.
I found this reply also pretty strange.
Quote:I feel so terrible about it. Maybe if I'd have prayed harder for them they wouldn't be dead by now.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm)FaithNoMore Wrote: I found this reply also pretty strange.
Quote:I feel so terrible about it. Maybe if I'd have prayed harder for them they wouldn't be dead by now.

Its scarry what could be flosting in the minds of your typical Rapture Ready members mind.. these people give me the creeps most of the times..and it takes a lot to do that to me. Just look at their replies.. these people are cultishly fanatical.
(March 4, 2011 at 7:48 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: How does freewill and gods plan fit into this discussion without contradicting each other?

I'd have to be God to know what His plans are.

God knows what I'm going to do, but this does not mean that He compels me to do something nor does He take away my free will in performing such an action. I don't even *know* what God knows about my actions. Therefore, I cannot possibly blame or attribute all my actions to God instead of myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The implications of Obama's words at the Charleston shooting memorial. Duty 21 1917 April 13, 2021 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3076 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Obama and the simulated resurrection professor 116 18008 April 25, 2015 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Janay Rice and God's Plan vorlon13 37 5015 December 2, 2014 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7245 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Obama is the Antichrist? Lemonvariable72 76 20605 September 16, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Talk show host claims Satan made actor look like Obama. Ziploc Surprise 4 3304 March 24, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Bad sexual desires Christianity's fault? Tea Earl Grey Hot 32 10508 March 19, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Chuck Norris says voting for Obama will bring 1000 years of darkness Ziploc Surprise 35 17733 September 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Catholic cardinal criticises gay marriage plan Cyberman 9 3451 March 5, 2012 at 2:33 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah