Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'day all.
G'day all.
Stumbled on this forum while looking for something completely different, so figured I might as well join. I've been atheist a little while now, and can be found on a few of the better known atheist haunts (rationalia and the AFA (Atheist Foundation of Australia) forums mostly, though I stop by RatSkep on the odd occasion). In fact you could say I'm everywhere, but nowhere on the web (have managed to keep a sufficiently low profile).

Don't worry, I'm not crazy. Much. Angel Cloud And I generally only get angry at extreme theistic whackjobbery (which mainly means the extremely distorted "logic" that's used to peddle creationism).
RE: G'day all.
We have a few creationist jerkoffs running around unsupervised. When last I checked it was open season on them so have fun.
G'day, sport, cobber! Welcome.

You must also share the bearing of the cross called Ken Ham that all we Australians have to answer for!

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
(March 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm)ozgoat Wrote: G'day, sport, cobber! Welcome.

You must also share the bearing of the cross called Ken Ham that all we Australians have to answer for!

Don't get me started on Ken Ham. Angry

I used to be Christian myself, and much of the anger I have is reserved for the HellSong and associates bunch, as I went to a similar type church with very close links to them.

All I can say is, thank goodness I didn't have much money to give.

(March 8, 2011 at 9:12 pm)affirmedatheist Wrote: Don't get me started on Ken Ham. Angry

I used to be Christian myself, and much of the anger I have is reserved for the HellSong and associates bunch, as I went to a similar type church with very close links to them.

All I can say is, thank goodness I didn't have much money to give.

I'd be interested to know, for my personal information, exactly how and why people get roped in to those sorts of churches. What is it that appeals, etc.

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
It's a big family.

[Image: tombstone.jpg]
(March 8, 2011 at 9:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's a big family.

[Image: tombstone.jpg]

ROFLOL

(March 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm)ozgoat Wrote: G'day, sport, cobber! Welcome.

Are you really an Aussie? I mean, "cobber"? (Do you also say "crikey"?) Angel Cloud

@ affirmedatheist:

G'daymatehowyagoin'orright?

Greetings from Adelaide.

Quote:It's a big family.

I'll say; it's even bigger than the Schitt familyShockld Jack,sons Noah and Fuller,daughters Lotta and Givva and grandson bubba Tuff. Then there's the Mexican branch, beginning with the patrone El Grande Stiffo SchittWink Shades
G'day mate, which bit of Oz are you in?

I'm in Perth.

As to the Hamster, it's a telling fact that he had to move to the U.S in order to find a sufficent number of cretins that would take him seriously.Big Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome from Oz affirmedatheist Hi

Enjoy your stay here mate Great
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2143 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  A good day to you all... Brunitski 13 3357 July 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Brunitski
  g'day all frankiej 9 1654 May 14, 2011 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Violet
  G'day All! Only Me 8 1508 July 21, 2010 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Nitsuj
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3930 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora