Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They win this time.... (Wisconsin)
They win this time.... (Wisconsin)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/10...34268.html

I never actually hated Republicans. I have always accepted that they were only people with ideologies that I disagree with...... I hate them now. This is not about the budget issues... they want to bust the Unions for their overlords that fund their political legitimacy... the corporate bosses.

It is a sad time for workers in Wisconsin... next up?
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
RE: They win this time.... (Wisconsin)
We all knew it would happen. My hope is that it becomes a Pyrrhic victory that undoes the Republican party next year.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 10, 2011 at 7:26 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: We all knew it would happen. My hope is that it becomes a Pyrrhic victory that undoes the Republican party next year.

Unfortunately I see them convincing people that what they did was heroic in some way. FUCK. THE. REPUBLICAN. PARTY.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(March 10, 2011 at 7:28 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote:
(March 10, 2011 at 7:26 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: We all knew it would happen. My hope is that it becomes a Pyrrhic victory that undoes the Republican party next year.

Unfortunately I see them convincing people that what they did was heroic in some way. FUCK. THE. REPUBLICAN. PARTY.

This will probably end plunging a deeper hole in the budget...
They are trying to move the "elite" title from the rich to people who gather together to protect each other from the greed of the uber rich.

They claim teachers and public workers in Wisconsin are part of "the elite"

When I think of "elit", I think of private jets, flying fresh lobster from Maine for lunch, and buying off several congressmen while kicking it in the Bahamas.

But apparently "elite" is that clerk at the DMV.
Sorry America, but you voted these people in.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 11, 2011 at 6:40 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Sorry America, but you voted these people in.

I had absolutely nothing to do with this charade. At best I could have done something illegal, but I didn't. Or at least I A: don't remember doing it or B: did it in an entirely unrelated topic.

Not to say that both haven't occurred Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 11, 2011 at 6:40 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Sorry America, but you voted these people in.

No one said the majority of Americans are smart... we are sheep like the rest of the world.

I am not old enough to vote but if I was I would only vote for someone with no outside interests with corporations. Lobbying has no place in a successful democracy.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
We should remove the power government has to set up these conditions in the first place.
(March 11, 2011 at 4:08 pm)theVOID Wrote: We should remove the power government has to set up these conditions in the first place.

I completely agree. The government has no right to destroy a PB4P organization! Especially since the majority of the population did not want it!
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 20389 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 956 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Will Lamb win?! Jehanne 28 3216 March 16, 2018 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Oh, crap, how will this help a Democrat win in 2018? Foxaèr 5 815 July 17, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 957 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  They can have my c*ck when they pry it from my cold dead hand... Doubting Thomas 19 4349 March 14, 2017 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How Trump can win the election! Jehanne 52 7068 August 20, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why do Trump supporters think he's going to win GoHalos1993 62 7558 June 21, 2016 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Why do women slut shame men? They should slut shame women more than they already do Errol Monite 148 17150 June 2, 2016 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Time To Stop Wasting Everyone's Time, Bernie Minimalist 253 27756 May 29, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd