Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An odd question
An odd question
If the bible isn't true and I believe it's not, it has some historicity to it but not true. My question is this, how did those goat herders in the desert know the center of the earth was hot? I know it's not Hell but they believed it was and it is the hottest place around in the center of the earth.
RE: An odd question
Do you think the Bible predicts Earth's molten core?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.
Well it clearly does, it says the center of the earth is hot
They thought hell was Earth's center, not quite a molten core.

Not exactly the same thing.
But they were right about it being hot is my point
Does it though?

I think it says something about certain folks "burning in fiery Gehenna" or something like that. But I don't think it says anything about Earth's core being molten. The idea of "hell" being underground is a Greek idea that inchwormed its way into the Christian mythos.

Can I ask: what's your opinion of Matthew 7:15? I think that verse says something factual... about a certain kind of person... what's your opinion on that verse, dudeabides?
(June 21, 2021 at 4:18 pm)dudeabides Wrote: If the bible isn't true and I believe it's not, it has some historicity to it but not true. My question is this, how did those goat herders in the desert know the center of the earth was hot? I know it's not Hell but they believed it was and it is the hottest place around in the center of the earth.

They didn't. However, conceptually, if asked whether whatever was under us was hot or cold, you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Volcanic activity isn't exactly a new phenomena.

If molten rock comes outta the ground it's not unreasonable for an observer to make the assumption that it's hot down there......
How did the greeks know that a god who lives in a mountain would run a forge?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The Bible also says that the damned will be cast into ‘a lake of fire’. Should we presume there’s a lake at the Earth’s core? Why not a cute little B&B, or canoe rentals?

Fuxxake.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An odd circumstance with religion Abaddon_ire 18 1645 February 26, 2018 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Odd sect or denomination sven 29 5068 March 28, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh