Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Amnesty?
Ban Amnesty?
It could be board-wide, and would help increase traffic. And, as with Donald Trump, someone could always be rebanned.
RE: Ban Amnesty?
Do you also pick at your scabs, even though it hurts? :Huh:
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
A dog that'll bite you once is a dog that'll bite you again.

Other than for spam-botting and sock puppetry, it's actually pretty difficult to get banned from this place. As a generally thing, it takes repeated warnings, persistent rule breaking, ignoring speedbumps, etc. I don't imagine that someone who has pissed off the Powers on a constant basis is going to magically reform if they're let back in.

This is evidence by the fact that a lot of the banned people create a sock account, come right back in, and repeat the same behaviour which got them shown the door in the first place.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 9, 2022 at 10:53 pm)Fireball Wrote: Do you also pick at your scabs, even though it hurts? :Huh:

Sometimes.
If we implemented ban amnesty we would be overrun with Russian spam bots.

And there are a couple people who are repeat stalkers such as the guy from my area who has a fascination with Camus and the punk who comes in to trash CL.

It may be hard to believe, but other than the obvious ones as listed above, banning takes repeat offenses and much discussion among the staff. If banning were easy here, there would probably be a much longer list of those banned. Staff has to put aside their personal feelings and follow the rules. Were that not the case there'd be dead bodies strewn everywhere.

Increased traffic would be great; that we can agree upon. But bans aren't doled out on a whim.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Remember how long we put up with Drich?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 10, 2022 at 7:31 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Remember how long we put up with Drich?

Boru

Oddly, this isn't the only forum that suffered his presence for way, way too long.

He's really good at the 'I'm not touching you' method of forum participation.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

How can I take this serious?

[Image: s-l400.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another thread ban Huggy Bear 38 4024 April 25, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question regarding that heavy ban hammer Foxaèr 16 1884 July 28, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  My ban Excited Penguin 20 3018 January 24, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Can I request a temp Ban for a month? Heywood 119 13222 May 27, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Ban Vote Cinjin 20 4043 May 16, 2011 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13