Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life?
Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life?
Veridical NDEs are NDEs (Near Death Experiences) where the Individual Patient who is unconscious or near-death sees clearly actual events we know to be happening in the Physical World. For e.g. he or she sees (while unconscious) Doctors operating on him with an actual instrument they used which he did not know about, but which he later tells them, and is found to be objectively accurate. Sometimes, blind people see the physical world with color and light. Again, it has happened that people have seen God and Heaven, and even younger siblings who died before they were born who they did not even know they had, until they met them in the After-Life, then confirmed with their shocked and surprised Parents actually and objectively existed. Don't these provide, at least, Strong Evidence against the Materialistic/Physicalist views that there is nothing in the universe and the human being other than mere matter? They sound precisely like what Classical Theism has always referred to as the Soul:

Administrator Notice
Deleted cop/paste content as spam and 30/30 violation.
RE: Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life?
The NDE just shows the person has an active imagination.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Anyone can say anything when no evidence is required to back it up. When it comes to telling stories, it is easy for people to lie, make honest mistakes about the facts, or to have even hallucinated or dreamed up the entire episode. Consider the countless millions of tales about gods, alien abductions, UFOs, ghosts, Elvis sightings, and so forth, none of which have any strong supporting evidence.

So when it comes to NDEs all those who have them, see only prominent figures who are associated with their religion. Hindus do not report seeing Zeus, Christians do not report meeting Mohammed, and Muslims never seem to encounter Joseph Smith. And no one ever gets greeted by a long-forgotten god from an extinct prehistoric religion.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Tl;dr
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Do you ever post your own thoughts? Oh, I that's right, you've never had one.

Take your senseless drivel and choke on it, you clueless buffoon.

Your savior is absolutely fantasized absurdity. When you die, and your dead. The game is over. End of story.

The delusion of the after life is an illusion to ease the minds of fearful, ignorant, arrogant creatures.
More boring cookie cutter apologist nonsense.....Yawn
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Not interested in a near death experience, I want evidence of a post death experience
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Administrator Notice
Thread closed pending staff discussion.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Administrator Notice
Thread re-opened.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I had an NDE once. In mid air. As I was jumping out a window. With my pants in my hand. Dude had a Dirty Harry cannon and a completely unrealistic estimate of the situation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2481 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3357 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3095 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4778 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8124 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2876 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3690 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1048 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1461 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  No soul? No free will and no responsibility then, yet the latter's essential... Duty 33 4118 August 26, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic