Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'God', the biggest practitioner of abortion!
'God', the biggest practitioner of abortion!
Not even a contest.

Here are the best statistics, verified by several studies:

20% of all fertilized eggs do not even make it to implantation
60% die naturally, from fertilization up through late late pregnancy. Some scientists think it is closer to 75%

This means only 40% of all fertilized eggs develop into babies. So, the natural state of affairs for the human reproduction process, is the majority are naturally aborted.

So, if 'life begins at conception', why aren't the anti-choice people speaking out about 'god' aborting so many 'living people'?

There have been 117 billion homo sapiens ever born, out of a potential 409 billion. That means that 'God' aborted 292 billion, many in late term.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: 'God', the biggest practitioner of abortion!
(July 21, 2023 at 1:09 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Not even a contest.

Here are the best statistics, verified by several studies:

20% of all fertilized eggs do not even make it to implantation
60% die naturally, from fertilization up through late late pregnancy. Some scientists think it is closer to 75%

This means only 40% of all fertilized eggs develop into babies. So, the natural state of affairs for the human reproduction process, is the majority are naturally aborted.

So, if 'life begins at conception', why aren't the anti-choice people speaking out about 'god' aborting so many 'living people'?

There have been 117 billion homo sapiens ever born, out of a potential 409 billion. That means that 'God' aborted 292 billion, many in late term.

"Mysterious ways," or "Gawd's ways are not our ways" in 3... 2... 1...

Gawd will always get a pass, no matter what.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
God also seems to get a pass when it comes to deciding which pregnancies to end. There are too many babies born with serious illnesses or deformities for that to fly as a reason. Certainly many pregnancies end because the mother isn't able to carry to term or because the fetus isn't viable, but that doesn't explain why this wonderful, worthy of praise being is to be thanked for each life, no matter how much misery and pain there is.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Our son and daughter-in-law's third daughter PIPER was stillborn at 8 months into the pregnancy. Her heart just stopped beating, so she had to be induced, which meant our son's wife had to give birth to their dead little girl. I can't ever imagine anything worse than this, especially with 2 little girls who are expecting a new baby sister.
It was fucking brutal, a little piece of me died along with her. I have a tattoo of her footprints on my right shoulder so I'll never forget about her.
Have you considered comparing it to WWII?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 21, 2023 at 6:24 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: Our son and daughter-in-law's third daughter PIPER was stillborn at 8 months into the pregnancy. Her heart just stopped beating, so she had to be induced, which meant our son's wife had to give birth to their dead little girl. I can't ever imagine anything worse than this, especially with 2 little girls who are expecting a new baby sister.
It was fucking brutal, a little piece of me died along with her. I have a tattoo of her footprints on my right shoulder so I'll never forget about her.

That's a rough one for everyone involved.  I am sorry this happened to your family.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 21, 2023 at 1:40 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: God also seems to get a pass when it comes to deciding which pregnancies to end.  There are too many babies born with serious illnesses or deformities for that to fly as a reason.  Certainly many pregnancies end because the mother isn't able to carry to term or because the fetus isn't viable, but that doesn't explain why this wonderful, worthy of praise being is to be thanked for each life, no matter how much misery and pain there is.

God is such a great guy, isn't he? I spend most of my day every day wishing I had been aborted, but sometimes I don't feel that way, and I still don't thank God for those happier times because why would I feel like I should have been aborted in the first place? God is playing both sides of my emotional stability and that ultimately makes him the bad guy.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
We are his; God's; he is free to shape us like he wills.
Imagine a "CPU" factory; the engineer inventing the CPUs is allowed to do what he/she pleases.

Imagine an AI bot, the programmer controlling it is allowed to terminate it, evolve it, fashion it into a bigger software idea they have,

The creator can do what he pleases,
What angers you? you're picturing it as the creature has a saying in their advent to this universe !

Leave nature to flow as it is, don't intervene.
(July 24, 2023 at 7:16 am)WinterHold Wrote: We are his; God's; he is free to shape us like he wills.
Imagine a "CPU" factory; the engineer inventing the CPUs is allowed to do what he/she pleases.

Imagine an AI bot, the programmer controlling it is allowed to terminate it, evolve it, fashion it into a bigger software idea they have,

The creator can do what he pleases,
What angers you? you're picturing it as the creature has a saying in their advent to this universe !

Leave nature to flow as it is, don't intervene.

That's like saying a parent has a right to hurt their children just because they gave birth to them. No they don't; they may have the might but they don't have the right. Same thing with a hypothetical god; it has the might to mistreat its creations but not the right. And if it chooses to do that, then if it also gives me free will, the one thing it can never get from me is my truly, freely, willingly given love and respect, no matter how it mistreats me with its might. Sure it might break me, but that is not the same as truly, freely, willingly given love and respect.
These people want to bore us with endless moralizing, but at the bottom of the well, they're perfectly fine positing human property and excusing their god for whatever it happens to do on that basis.

Let's test this theory. It obvious that your islamic nations belong to gog and magog, we created them. We can do whatever we want to you, as your owner. You speak against us, but what are you angry about...as though you had some say in it? Leave nature to flow as it is.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your biggest beef with religion? vulcanlogician 78 8170 September 21, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Be consistent GOP.....Abortion..... Brian37 14 5058 December 1, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Abortion is love robvalue 308 52265 October 10, 2015 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  God, the author of the biggest holocaust Simon Moon 34 4172 June 19, 2015 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19411 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  The biggest threat to Atheism is Archaeology. greekGod 3 1177 August 20, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Abortion and Women's Rights Tea Earl Grey Hot 248 58148 June 10, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: John V
Tongue How to shut up people who are against abortion Big Blue Sky 372 147983 June 7, 2013 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  What is your alternative to abortion? Something completely different 182 57968 April 27, 2013 at 10:00 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Woman suffering miscarriage denied abortion and dies of blood poisoning in Ireland LarissaAnn 20 10223 November 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat