Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God, the author of the biggest holocaust
God, the author of the biggest holocaust
The 'holocaust of the children', as Greg Paul puts it, dwarfs any human caused holocaust by a wide margin. All of the mass slaughters of the 20th century combined pale by comparison. 

Here are the numbers:

Up to this point, there have been over 100 billion people ever born.

At least half of them have died, and continue to die, before they make it out of childhood. Most estimates say the figure might have been as high as 75% dead children before the advent of agriculture. 

That is 50 billion dead children. 

Over half of that number have died of natural disease.

So, this god created a universe with at least 100 billion galaxies, each with at least 100 billion stars, with an untold number of planets orbiting these stars (2000 extrasolar planets found thus far in our galactic neighborhood alone) only to pick one that is a literally a child killer

"But, but... The Fall of man!" i hear you exclaim. Sorry, but that does not let god off the hook. Being omniscient, he would have known the Earth was going to be a child killer, yet he let it happen anyway, 

"But, but... free will!" I hear you exclaim. Really? What age do children understand the concept of free will? What free will did the 20 billion children have that have died of malaria?

This doesn't even take into consideration, those who die pre-birth. 

Over 50% of all fertilized eggs never make it. They don't implant into the uterus, or they are naturally aborted. 

In the US alone, there are 4 million births a year out of about 8 million conceptions. There are about 1.3 million induced abortions a year, that leaves 2.7 million 'god' induced abortions a year. Figuring that prenatal care is pretty good and infant mortality is fairly low in the US, who knows how many 'god' induced abortions occurring in the rest of the world, where this isn't the case.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: God, the author of the biggest holocaust
Apparently God is totally responsible for things that are seen as positive, but has a solid alibi for everything else. He must have a really good lawyer. One with horns, maybe.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
or Saul Goodman?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Bbbbbbbut he loves you!!
"Barry, why are you hurting me? Why do you keep doing these things?"

"Remember that little girl who ate an apple in 1840?"

"No..."

"Well I do!" *Thwack*
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(June 3, 2015 at 11:04 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: The 'holocaust of the children', as Greg Paul puts it, dwarfs any human caused holocaust by a wide margin. All of the mass slaughters of the 20th century combined pale by comparison. 

Here are the numbers:

Up to this point, there have been over 100 billion people ever born.

At least half of them have died, and continue to die, before they make it out of childhood. Most estimates say the figure might have been as high as 75% dead children before the advent of agriculture. 

That is 50 billion dead children. 

Over half of that number have died of natural disease.

So, this god created a universe with at least 100 billion galaxies, each with at least 100 billion stars, with an untold number of planets orbiting these stars (2000 extrasolar planets found thus far in our galactic neighborhood alone) only to pick one that is a literally a child killer

"But, but... The Fall of man!" i hear you exclaim. Sorry, but that does not let god off the hook. Being omniscient, he would have known the Earth was going to be a child killer, yet he let it happen anyway, 

"But, but... free will!" I hear you exclaim. Really? What age do children understand the concept of free will? What free will did the 20 billion children have that have died of malaria?

This doesn't even take into consideration, those who die pre-birth. 

Over 50% of all fertilized eggs never make it. They don't implant into the uterus, or they are naturally aborted. 

In the US alone, there are 4 million births a year out of about 8 million conceptions. There are about 1.3 million induced abortions a year, that leaves 2.7 million 'god' induced abortions a year. Figuring that prenatal care is pretty good and infant mortality is fairly low in the US, who knows how many 'god' induced abortions occurring in the rest of the world, where this isn't the case.
obviously stupid because for every one killed more than one has been added.
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity
(June 4, 2015 at 3:46 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Bbbbbbbut he loves you!!

"And he needs MONEY!"
All-great, all-knowing and all-powerful, somehow....just can't handle money!!

gotta love George
But, guys, guys, those are all Old Testament killings which means we no longer need to worry about them...oh wait...crap. Well those heathens deserved it. It's not like we get hurricanes and earthquakes here in the United States where the all the Bible believing Christians live. Oh no, no way. Natural disasters only happen to people that Yaweh wants to punish.

In case you didn't get it I was being sarcastic.

Evil babies. They were evil babies, that he made and then had to kill, so they couldn't grow into evil men that he made.

It's this complete abandonment of all humanity to just say, "Well if god did it, it must be a just thing to do". It's intellectually lazy, dishonest and dangerous.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'God', the biggest practitioner of abortion! Simon Moon 65 5164 July 31, 2023 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  What's your biggest beef with religion? vulcanlogician 78 8170 September 21, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19411 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  The biggest threat to Atheism is Archaeology. greekGod 3 1177 August 20, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Jesus Never Existed vs The Holocaust SwedishAtheist 41 6873 November 24, 2013 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb