Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 9:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time For a New Religion
Time For a New Religion
I've been looking at the state of the world as it is today, often thanks to religion, directly or indirectly, caused by or motivated by.

And I think it's time we swept away the old belief systems and had a global reset.

As such, I declare a new religion to take down the old, stale, institutions.

What does this new religion, the One True Faith, entail, I hear you ask. Well, maybe not hear you, but you were thinking it.

Well, some of you were.

Okay, but YOU did! You know who you are, don't make me name you!

Wwll, at first I thought to emulate, in part, Christianity. But this is New Zealand. I couldn't find three Wise Men or a virgin.

So, I've decided to base it on another religion. One that originated and thrived in the Americas until the interfering Christians showed up.

I give you, Cyrilism, modified.

Our Daily Morning Prayer and Ceremonial Get Together:

[Image: 1-PHhvk-Ksh-FB4-Qx3i1-Pybhb-Q.webp]

Where healthy debate is not only invited, but is expected:

[Image: Thinkstock-Photos-98193978.jpg]

And where I, your High Priestess, is always willing to discuss issues with our followers:

[Image: carolina-guerra.webp]

Any questions?
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Time For a New Religion
Apparently, there is a new religion happening under our noses, and as all religions, it is centered around a magical man in order to control people

Quote:A neuroscientist warns: We're watching the largest and most dangerous 'cult' in American history

Rather than being seen as passive victims to an irresistible force, psychiatrist Robert Lifton argues that there is “voluntary self-surrender” in one’s entrance into a cult. Further, the decision to give up control as part of the cult process may actually be part of the reason why people join. Research and experience tell us that those who are “cult vulnerable” may have a sense of confusion or separation from society or seek the same sort of highly controlled environment that was part of their childhood. It has also been suggested that those who are at risk for cult membership feel an enormous lack of control in the face of uncertainty (i.e., economic, occupational, academic, social, familial) and will gravitate more towards a cult as their distress increases. I would argue that many of these factors are at play when we see the ongoing support of Trumpism and MAGA theology.

Psychologist Leon Festinger described the phenomenon of cognitive dissonance in which there is a disconnect between one’s feelings, beliefs, and convictions and their observable actions. This dissonance is distressing and, in order to relieve the anxiety, people may become more invested in the cult or belief system that goes against who they are individually. As such, cult members become more “dug-in” and will cling to thoughts and beliefs that contradict available evidence. In other words, they are no longer able to find a middle ground or compromise.

https://www.rawstory.com/raw-investigate...ist-warns/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(August 10, 2023 at 12:36 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I've been looking at the state of the world as it is today, often thanks to religion, directly or indirectly, caused by or motivated by.

And I think it's time we swept away the old belief systems and had a global reset.

What does this new religion, the One True Faith, entail, I hear you ask.  Well, maybe not hear you, but you were thinking it.

Well, some of you were.

Okay, but YOU did!  You know who you are, don't make me name you!

Wwll, at first I thought to emulate, in part, Christianity.  But this is New Zealand.  I couldn't find three Wise Men or a virgin.

So, I've decided to base it on another religion.  One that originated and thrived in the Americas until the interfering Christians showed up.

And where I, your High Priestess, is always willing to discuss issues with our followers:

Any questions?

The metal bra cups have to go to ensure the sacrificial flint knife go in cleanly.
(August 10, 2023 at 1:52 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Apparently, there is a new religion happening under our noses, and as all religions, it is centered around a magical man in order to control people

Evangelical pastors have become alarmed that their Trump-loving congregants have become so militant that they are even rejecting the teachings of Jesus Christ.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-evangelicals-2663078391/
What is the religion's position on free roaming blouse bunnies?
(August 10, 2023 at 9:43 am)no one Wrote: What is the religion's position on free roaming blouse bunnies?

Blouse bunnies? I've never heard that one before. Any photos?  Huh
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
They are related to sweater muffins, and chesticles.
(August 10, 2023 at 7:52 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 10, 2023 at 12:36 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I've been looking at the state of the world as it is today, often thanks to religion, directly or indirectly, caused by or motivated by.

What does this new religion, the One True Faith, entail, I hear you ask.  Well, maybe not hear you, but you were thinking it.

Well, some of you were.

Okay, but YOU did!  You know who you are, don't make me name you!

Wwll, at first I thought to emulate, in part, Christianity.  But this is New Zealand.  I couldn't find three Wise Men or a virgin.

So, I've decided to base it on another religion.  One that originated and thrived in the Americas until the interfering Christians showed up.

Any questions?

The metal bra cups have to go to ensure the sacrificial flint knife go in cleanly.

You know I'll be the one doing the sacrificing of others...
(August 10, 2023 at 9:43 am)no one Wrote: What is the religion's position on free roaming blouse bunnies?

They're free to roam.
I've wrangled a few in my days. I can lend of hand if need be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new religion: New Age Hedonism Transcended Dimensions 20 4518 October 2, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  How to start a new sect/new religion for dummies. Brian37 28 4137 April 11, 2017 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10753 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
Video New video: space, time and anger robvalue 15 3030 March 6, 2016 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4915 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19865 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49395 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Is researching into religion a waste of time? Mystic 76 20892 June 2, 2013 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5190 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused