Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag Race and Drag in General
Drag Race and Drag in General
Anyone into Drag Race or Drag culture etc. here?

Just a thread to chat about that stuff, if anyone is interested. Smile
RE: Drag Race and Drag in General
Do you mean this

[Image: Is-Drag-Racing-Bad-For-Your-Car.jpg]

Or this

[Image: 1*ru-ugbGkXy8qObXPTXGAhw.jpeg]

I have no particular interest in either one.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The latter, but both are cool. Smile Combining the two would be fun.
If I am part of it, it's a drag. So, yes.
(August 21, 2023 at 7:28 am)no one Wrote: If I am part of it, it's a drag. So, yes.

And I would be the worst case scenario. Dunno
Anyone have any favourite Drag Queens/Kings, or shows, or whatever?
I watched a few seasons of Drag Race and enjoyed it quite a bit. It became an issue when they seemed to be moving it from platform to platform and I am not going to pay for more streaming services.

A former client is a makeup artist and drag performer here in Dallas. I follow him on FB and watch Youtube videos of him and his husband. I think it's this month that he starts a new career as an airline attendant.

As for the other - my husband will watch any show on TV having to do with cars, racing, customizing cars, car auctions....I really tried to develop an interest but 30+ years in, I don't see it happening.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Yeah, moving it to a separate pay stream service is annoying, and I haven't seen any of the latest DR US seasons since they did that. But I still watch the Canadian, Oz, and UK versions which I can access on the BBC.

It did a huge amount to popularise the art, and raise all kinds of lgbtq+ issues. Overall, I thnk that a good thing (though it wasn't always unproblematic). I certainly found it entertaining Smile
I kept up with the shows for the longest time, but now it seems they're not viewable on many platforms. I even have RuPaul's music on my Spotify.

When I was younger, I performed in drag. Went by the name Destiny Storm.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Cool name Smile It also sounds familiar.

Yeah, moving to their own platform is the time when many stopped following. Which is sad, but in many ways that show had run it's course. It's hard not to see it as somewhat overdone now.

Do you have any drag idols?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what race are you? eretina 40 3050 November 12, 2021 at 12:51 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  How do you view humanity in general? Ahriman 73 4620 October 2, 2021 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Economics and medicine in general education Macoleco 13 1220 June 13, 2019 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  If you were to perform in drag.... Foxaèr 39 5336 May 29, 2018 at 5:24 am
Last Post: Whitewolf
  Adopting Children of Another Race Shell B 62 4538 February 13, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Star Wars has become the next General Hospital. Jehanne 23 2677 January 8, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: John V
  General poll concerning preferences in polls Alex K 13 1555 December 15, 2015 at 5:09 am
Last Post: Alex K
  A question about race and double standards in Humans Dystopia 33 5235 September 23, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If you could be any other race ? ForumMember77 52 6413 October 6, 2014 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Violet
  Members in memes in general Something completely different 6 2774 July 23, 2013 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Kayenneh