Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does maths add up to?
What does maths add up to?
What does maths add up to but nothing.
RE: What does maths add up to?
Thanks, Admins.
Mathematics is too abstract to solve the world's complexity and all of its problems as it is with the Dialogic on these grounds. Macbeth is Shakespeare at his most nihilistic. I'd say that we're really all nihilists. In that, in the face of death, even the religious believe in nothing.
(September 1, 2023 at 6:05 am)MarcusA Wrote: Mathematics is too abstract to solve the world's complexity and all of its problems as it is with the Dialogic on these grounds.  Macbeth is Shakespeare at his most nihilistic. I'd say that we're really all nihilists. In that, in the face of death, even the religious believe in nothing.

There’s not even a hint of nihilism in Macbeth, although some people think so based on the ‘sound and fury’ lines. It’s important to understand that, by this point in the play, Macbeth is almost completely deranged, a state brought about by his actions and their consequences. Since everything he does is consequential, it is the complete opposite of nihilism.

Personally, I blame his bitch of a wife.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 1, 2023 at 6:21 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 1, 2023 at 6:05 am)MarcusA Wrote: Mathematics is too abstract to solve the world's complexity and all of its problems as it is with the Dialogic on these grounds.  Macbeth is Shakespeare at his most nihilistic. I'd say that we're really all nihilists. In that, in the face of death, even the religious believe in nothing.

There’s not even a hint of nihilism in Macbeth, although some people think so based on the ‘sound and fury’ lines. It’s important to understand that, by this point in the play, Macbeth is almost completely deranged, a state brought about by his actions and their consequences. Since everything he does is consequential, it is the complete opposite of nihilism.

Personally, I blame his bitch of a wife.

Boru

If you want derangement, read the rest of Shakespeare. Hamlet comes to mind most prominently. In the end of that play, everybody dies.
(August 24, 2023 at 11:36 pm)MarcusA Wrote: What does maths add up to but nothing.

Airplane-wing view of Pluto from the New Horizons spacecraft?  Maths.
I broke my math bone when I was in the 5th grade. We were so poor we couldn't pay attention. I never got the break fixed, thankfully.
The phrase "What the entire fuck?" implies the existence of fractional fucks.

"What the absolute fuck?" implies the existence of positive and negative fucks.

"What the actual fuck?" implies the existence of imaginary fucks.

Conclusion: Fuckery is isomorphic with the complex field.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  simple maths or simple minds? ignoramus 9 1120 April 6, 2021 at 11:25 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Can you make the solution add up? I'll be impressed T0 Th3 M4X 17 2177 December 6, 2018 at 1:32 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Can God be seen in the maths? Dropship 136 29176 July 17, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Question Maths problem to solve Aractus 24 4916 October 22, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Maths vs. Music - Tuning and harmony Thumpalumpacus 60 10662 September 13, 2016 at 7:04 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Maths proves 1=0.999.. thus ends in self contradiction shakuntala 11 5893 December 21, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Maths test fr0d0 23 9060 June 18, 2013 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Categories+Sheaves
  Mathematical claims of 'Bible Codes'...is there any truth in the maths? CoxRox 12 8543 January 9, 2009 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Tiberius