Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi i'm Red Baron
Hi i'm Red Baron
Hello I'm Red Baron I've been an Atheist for 4 years.
(Everyone says: Hi Red we are Atheist too.) lol get it AA.
Anyway after waiting for a long time for "god" to hold up his end of the bargain to show me he is real i decided religion was a bunch of crap. And it went on from there. I feel more relieved and happy but on the down side my parents....

They usually say "its just 45 minutes," "quit being a big baby," "we don't want to go to hell for not making you go to church."
One day I rebelled and my dad started yelling at me like crazy and I yelled back. Ended up making him cry so he was down then mom stepped in.
(I wanted to stay home so I could do something productive like finish making these Final Cut videos and becuase i finished those videos my client gave me $200.)
I threaten them I would leave or hang myself becuase I'm tired of their bull.
So they went to church and i stayed home and worked.
btw I'm 18.
They came back home and said "Leave or go to church"
I stayed becuase where else would I go?
Now today my mom is making me sign a contract stating I will go to church and act like I like it or I will get kicked out of the house.

That's my story.

I needed some help and comfort of communicating with people who share similar beliefs.
I googled and found this place.
RE: Hi i'm Red Baron
Wow..not only did they threaten to kick you out on the street for it, but they made you sign a contract MAKING you go to church and MAKING you like it? Or at least ACT like you like it?

I dont know what to say man. You have signed your imaginary soul to the church. That means you will spend eternity in heaven with all of those people you go to church with right now..

I know, its a cruel Hell, but that is the punishment for you signing such infernal parchments.

Damn dude, all kidding aside, that REALLY sucks.

SAVE YOUR MONEY...GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE SOON!
(April 13, 2011 at 7:24 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Wow..not only did they threaten to kick you out on the street for it, but they made you sign a contract MAKING you go to church and MAKING you like it? Or at least ACT like you like it?

I dont know what to say man. You have signed your imaginary soul to the church. That means you will spend eternity in heaven with all of those people you go to church with right now..

I know, its a cruel Hell, but that is the punishment for you signing such infernal parchments.

Damn dude, all kidding aside, that REALLY sucks.

SAVE YOUR MONEY...GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE SOON!

i haven't signed it yet. idk what to do.
Do what it takes for you to survive
Might I suggest looking up any local organizations that deal with the Secular Student Alliance or the like? Some of them exist just for reasons like that, especially if you live in the Bible Belt like Revvy and I do, and have ways to help or mediate.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hi, Google is indeed your friend Big Grin
I suggest finding a sexy chick with a job and moving in with her.
Quote:I stayed because where else would I go?

Parents who try to control their children in that way are meshugga. The issue is about them and their needs, not you and your rights. They are souring their relationship with you,causing resentments which can be very hard to forgive.

Ask them if they realise that if you leave under such circumstances,they will simply not see you OR their grandchildren .

My parents were chronic Catholics, same rules. At 18 I got a job in another city and left. A hard time for me; as we say here " I was on the bones of my arse" (Eg walking or hitch hiking as I did not have bus fare).

Grow a pair.

PS I finished my education part time and at night,it included getting my degree.
Welcome to the forums, for now just relax and hang out here with some like minded individuals until you can make a rational decision on what to do, you sound about at wit's end (hang yourself?)

@summerQueen, love the new avatar btwBig Grin
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Thank you, Tack dear. Btw, quit leaving so quickly in chat...I sort of miss you.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So there I stood closing the red sea on Moses...Muahahaha Judas BentHer 19 5488 June 28, 2011 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Judas BentHer