Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:40 pm

Poll: Would you still cook?
This poll is closed.
Yes
31.25%
5 31.25%
No
50.00%
8 50.00%
Fuck all polls
12.50%
2 12.50%
Other
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you still cook if you diddn't have to?
Would you still cook if you diddn't have to?
I had depression for forty years and so I was used to a steady diet of reheated TV dinners. When I started feeling better, I expanded my range and began exploring the various tools, techniques, and recipes that were at hand. I must confess that it's become something of a hobby. But if I didn't have to eat, would I still cook? I don't know.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Would you still cook if you diddn't have to?
I have been waiting for years and years for the meal pills that the Jetsons had. I do not like to cook, I don't like any part of it from the planning and shopping through the prep and clean up. It isn't unusual for me to prepare a meal and not have any appetite for it when it's ready.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I checked the NO box because I'm in my mid-70's and have severe mobility issues. I enjoy cooking, but I can't move around the kitchen anymore without the use of a cane or walker. If someone could supply me with interesting and wholesome meals on a daily basis, I would, with great reluctance, give up cooking at once.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
I'm the cook here, because Boss Lady has no clue. I've bach'd it enough times to learn what is what in the kitchen. Weekend are good around here because fresh, hot food. She works 4/10s so we have three days of proper-ish eating.
I barely cook now. If I was rich I never would.
I like cooking. It gets almost meditative for me. So yeah, I'd still do it occasionally.

I already do not cook.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Nope, though I'm pretty much the only one who makes dinner, and make my own breakfast and lunch. I don't like any aspect of food prep or cleanup. Too cheap to get take-out, too. I haven't eaten a TV dinner in decades.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I cook 90% of the meals, the other 10% are basically grazing or eating out. I find that cooking gives me pleasure mixed with a minor amount of frustration. But ya, I'd still cook even if I didn't have to. I tend to fall into cooking ruts so trying a new recipe/dish is probably the most enjoyable, even if it turns out bad. Must be a learning/challenge thing.

The one thing I won't do is bake, to much of a mess and delayed gratification.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Try air cooker potatoes. Instructions/suggestions online.

Bacon bits
shredded cheese (Departure point)
lots of butter.

Pivot on the cheese. If you use a "Mexican" blend then taco-up the spud. Otherwise, go Euro with Gouda or sharp cheddar.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 625 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2322 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1108 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1106 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  Do you know why the end of the month is still too far away? Foxaèr 15 2421 April 22, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Monica Lewinsky Still Passing the Buck Shell B 41 1783 February 28, 2018 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Unfortunately, I'm still... Gawdzilla Sama 18 1712 January 30, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves speedyj1992 194 32524 December 2, 2017 at 5:32 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16429 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  Star Wars Rogue One is still playing in movie theaters. Jehanne 35 5256 April 18, 2017 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie