Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hai Thar
Hai Thar
Hey there fellow Athiests!
Well, before I start you sould get to know me a bit. I am a 15 year old teenage girl, very recently turned Athiest.
Before becoming Athiest I was a Prespetiran, like the rest of my family. However, I never really was into religion, I never went to church and whatnot. However, latley my parents have become more, religious, and I quietly went along with it.
Yet, I was introduced to Athiesm not long ago when my boyfriend (who is also Athiest) showed me some videos from a Youtuber called The Thinking Athiest. His ideas were solid, and better yet he provided evidence, unlike religion, which so often dismissed science and had no substaitial foundations to back it up. So, I did some research, and eventually I found myself becoming an Athiest.
Well, thats it for now. Hope to see you guys aroundSmile
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen Roberts

RE: Hai Thar
Welcome Taylor Wink
Welcome, you've come to a good place to become more confident in your decision to become an atheist. There is a lot of information here.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Welcome to the forums, feel free to lurk or post to your heart's content.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Hello Taylor and welcome.
Hi Taylor, welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around. Wink
(May 25, 2011 at 9:34 am)tackattack Wrote: Welcome to the forums, feel free to lurk or post to your heart's content.

Lurking is for guests.... members must post. Or I will make them wear shoes next time they visit a supermarket! Angry

.. Welcome...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yo, Taylor!

Wellcome. I commend you for having an interest in some serious topics, which is not a common trait among your peers.

I'm looking forward to your posts.
“Millions of New Yorkers are good with God. Are you good with God?"
Poster Ad in the Staten Island Ferry terminal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And if you are, are you also good with the Tooth Fairy? How about the Easter Bunny?"
My proposed addendum
(May 25, 2011 at 6:14 am)Taylor Wrote: Hey there fellow Athiests!
Well, before I start you sould get to know me a bit. I am a 15 year old teenage girl, very recently turned Athiest.
Before becoming Athiest I was a Prespetiran, like the rest of my family. However, I never really was into religion, I never went to church and whatnot. However, latley my parents have become more, religious, and I quietly went along with it.
Yet, I was introduced to Athiesm not long ago when my boyfriend (who is also Athiest) showed me some videos from a Youtuber called The Thinking Athiest. His ideas were solid, and better yet he provided evidence, unlike religion, which so often dismissed science and had no substaitial foundations to back it up. So, I did some research, and eventually I found myself becoming an Athiest.
Well, thats it for now. Hope to see you guys aroundSmile

Hi Taylor and welcome to the forums
undefined
Hello Taylor Smile

Cool avatar, it made me smile Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, Hai Ari Sheffield 14 2083 March 21, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Oh hai! butterbattle 19 2195 March 25, 2015 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Dinner
  Hai! Ex muslim atheist from indonesia here! :) Murtaddin 31 7494 April 21, 2014 at 5:28 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  O hai thare Stupefier 7 1079 June 30, 2013 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  O hai teblin 9 1809 February 6, 2012 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  hai thar super_tux 22 4937 October 14, 2009 at 6:50 am
Last Post: neverinchurch
  Hello Thar Birdman 5 2435 July 2, 2009 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Well, Hai! Molly 9 2866 July 1, 2009 at 3:30 am
Last Post: Molly