Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gwyneth Paltrow on Free Republic
Gwyneth Paltrow on Free Republic
Gwyneth Paltrow: what’s wrong with second graders learning about homosexuality?

[Image: Gwyneth_Paltrow-225x213.jpg]

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow is thrilled that her second-grade daughter is learning about homosexuality.

So, predictably, those at "free republic" (a name of a site of right wingers, Libertarians, and assorted fascist people who neither support freedom or a Constitutional Republic) have things to say about her that would make baby Jesus smile down upon them:

NYER Wrote:They are innocent children. Why would you want to abuse young children in such a way? Libs are hopelessly selfish and stupid. The world would be a better place without them.
So we libs are selfish and stupid for wanting to treat homnosexuals as actual human beings, where as NYER is NOT being selfish and stupid by proclaiming that the eradication of all liberal thinking people would be a good thing.
Thom Pain signature Wrote:Raising Tax RATES decreses the Tax REVENUES. Spread the word.
Right..this is the kind of ignorance that the right wing requires to exist. This is like saying that increasing the drinkable water supply decreases the amount of drinkable water. These people are fucking schmucks.
saca Wrote:Let’s teach her about prostitution and killing babies while we’re at it.
You mean like the bible does?
Elcid signature Wrote:("Deport Muslims. Nuke Mecca. Death to Islam. Freedom for mankind.")
Yes, what you describe does sound llike freedom for mankind..that is...if you only think that Muslims arent human. Then again, this is a common theme on "free republic" that the only "true" humans are hard core right wing greedy white christian men.. everything else is suspect of being anti-American and should be considered from quick deportation or imprisonment.
calex 59 Wrote:f she is so hot for it then she can teach her daughter at home. Other people don’t want their children learning anything at all about sex, especially perverted sex, until they are older. All sex education needs to be dropped from school, it is the parents business. Sex education was the start of the government taking over the raising of our children and we let it happen.
Yeah.. this is typical of this site. Dont expect it to make sense..this is your typical "freeper". Its the same as a person who thinks Harry Potter is a LEGITIMATE threat to their world views.. you cannot talk sense to these people. There is no talking to them. They switch the definitions of words at will to suit whatever their agenda is at the moment. To these people, words are not a universe language to shar ideas...words, to these people, are a way to make people do and think what you want them to do.
ex-snook Wrote:Just tell the children it’s bad and should be avoided. That should be enough.
How much you want to bet that the freepers who posted about the kids being to young to learn about sex are also hypocritical enough to agree with this comment as well? Remember, words to these people are a tool to make people do as you want them to at all costs. It is what is called "authoritarian mentality". Authoritarians dont care if they are hypocritical, or logically consistant, or apathetic. The only thing that matters is that everything happens the way they want it to, that people do what they are told. Words are for giving orders.
NotTallText Wrote:Yeah, sure, like the 100 million killed in the last century by the Godless. Guess she doesn’t know history or chooses to ignore it.
So being happy that homosexiuals are being considered human is the EXACT same thing as the death of 100 million (citation?) by the "godless" (citation?)
NCC 1701 Wrote:Ole Gwen is a hypocrite. She’s married to a guy but is in full support of homo “rights”. If she supported it in that manner, she would divorce her hubby and get involved in a lesbo relationship. Live the life, baby. Walk the walk, don’t just talk the talk. See how much she likes it then.
So straight people, according to "free republic" should not be allowed to support gay rights. Walk the walk? Then get THE FUCK out from behind your computer and go to the middle east and fight in them wars or shut the fuck up.
Quote:Here I go again. So-called homosexuals don’t really have sex because you need two sexes to have sex. Sex about combining and mixing genes for reproduction. So-called homosexuals have orgasms. How do you explain this to a second-grader who has never had an orgasm?
So called homosexuals? So called? Are you saying homosexuality doesnt exist? And also, we know you dont really mean what you say, as you are more than willing to get it on with your wife without making kids. Like I said. Authoritarian attitude. Words are for giving orders, not sharing ideas.
RE: Gwyneth Paltrow on Free Republic
Wow, what the fuck is wrong with your education system, to breed that kind of thinking? Scratch that, do you have one. If i was living in the US of A, I think i would spend most of my time arguing with these people. I'm realizing how lucky we are in a far more liberal Europe where generally this shit isn't tolerated.
There can only be one brand of answer to "what is wrong with homosexuality"... and that is to present what is wrong with homosexuality. The question could be recast: 'there is something wrong with homosexuality, what is it?'

I'm somewhat ruthless when it comes to teaching. I don't recognize age to be a barrier at all. Not to nudity, not to sex, not to blood, not to gore, not to language, not to anything. Infact, these things should be learned if the common Alaskan is any guide into how easily shocked people can be. Better they be like me than they be unprepared or worse: panic.

Besides, the actress looks semi-cheerful... only cruel people could be mean to that Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I live in the most right wing place in the uk (east anglia) I regularly drill into my eldest that he is equal to all, and no better than anyone, be they a female a black man/ Asian/homosexual/transsexual/ or whatever someone is, or wants to be. He's respectful to all people and understands we are all the same. He's also an atheist. He's 15 and knows this. These people on 'free <<<<< (note that word) republic' are adults, with less brain power than a 15yr oldwhose brains are lodged in his underpants. LOL at them.
(June 19, 2011 at 1:48 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: There can only be one brand of answer to "what is wrong with homosexuality"... and that is to present what is wrong with homosexuality. The question could be recast: 'there is something wrong with homosexuality, what is it?'

I'm somewhat ruthless when it comes to teaching. I don't recognize age to be a barrier at all. Not to nudity, not to sex, not to blood, not to gore, not to language, not to anything. Infact, these things should be learned if the common Alaskan is any guide into how easily shocked people can be. Better they be like me than they be unprepared or worse: panic.

Besides, the actress looks semi-cheerful... only cruel people could be mean to that Heart

You should read Simone de Beauvoir's work.
(June 19, 2011 at 1:54 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: You should read Simone de Beauvoir's work.

Which work?

And why should I read it? This platform's former occupant found these things for himself by the time he was ten. With no guidance. These things are not worth hiding... and yet hidden they are, helping to drive an otherwise semi-normal child into curisosity-based depravities and massive guilt over nothing at all... and degrading its trust in authorities below it already was. Eventually he broke into psychosis and I gained control of the platform Heart

So what have I to gain by reading this individual's work?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
NCC 1701 Wrote:Ole Gwen is a hypocrite. She’s married to a guy but is in full support of homo “rights”. If she supported it in that manner, she would divorce her hubby and get involved in a lesbo relationship. Live the life, baby. Walk the walk, don’t just talk the talk. See how much she likes it then.

ROFLOL

This one was my personal favourite. There should be a level cap on this amount of stupid.
God bless the U.S.A. where bigotry is considered preserving one's freedom.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 957 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The end of free speech and free protest in the UK Gooders1002 3 1425 January 31, 2014 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The failing fifth republic? Something completely different 0 778 April 9, 2013 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN TheSteelGeneral 88 26769 January 15, 2013 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  Republic in the UK? soitgoes 45 12395 May 1, 2012 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  "Egypt is free, Egypt is free." IronicAlchemist 8 2634 February 11, 2011 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: IronicAlchemist