Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republic in the UK?
Republic in the UK?
Any of my fellow Brits out here keen to stop the unwarranted hypocrisy of our support for democracy in Lybia, Iraq, Afghan and so on, whilst our head of state is unelected, along with about of third of our parliament?
RE: Republic in the UK?
I'm already a member of Republic. Are you going to the Jubilee protest?
I'm fine up here in Scotland.
Cunt
Republic in the UK?
With any luck. Not a member of anything at the mo but shall look into it.
Be even better in Scotland soon with any luck. If Salmand gets his way. Fingers crossed for you.
(April 27, 2012 at 5:51 am)soitgoes Wrote: Any of my fellow Brits out here keen to stop the unwarranted hypocrisy of our support for democracy in Lybia, Iraq, Afghan and so on, whilst our head of state is unelected, along with about of third of our parliament?

What democracy?

I can just about guarantee that all of those countries will end up with Islamic theocracies.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Republic in the UK?
Yeah that's true.
But that not what the UK government is in support of. Whether or not those counties have democracy, democracy is what the UK (among others) is promoting to them.
Although i am a republican myself, its never going to happen in the UK, we're 'islanders' and as such, pompous arseholes who love unelected inbred Germans just because of 'tradition'.

I'd love this place to be a republic though.
Republic in the UK?
(April 27, 2012 at 9:35 am)5thHorseman Wrote: Although i am a republican myself, its never going to happen in the UK, we're 'islanders' and as such, pompous arseholes who love unelected inbred Germans just because of 'tradition'.

I'd love this place to be a republic though.

And just think of all the tourism they bring to the country. :rolls eyes
So just what are you looking for here UK-ites?? You have a democratic Monarchy and you wish for a republic?? Just what is the difference?

Ignorant Aussie here Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Republic in the UK?
(April 27, 2012 at 9:41 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: So just what are you looking for here UK-ites?? You have a democratic Monarchy and you wish for a republic?? Just what is the difference?

Ignorant Aussie here Tongue

Republic = No monarchy

The accident of birth is no basis for any form of government. "All human beings are "created" free and equal in dignity and rights". Excuse me if I've got the quote wrong. But clearly any Monarchy/Aristocracy violates this principle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 997 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The failing fifth republic? Something completely different 0 784 April 9, 2013 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN TheSteelGeneral 88 27026 January 15, 2013 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  Gwyneth Paltrow on Free Republic reverendjeremiah 6 2610 June 19, 2011 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Faith No More