Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York and Gay Marriage
New York and Gay Marriage
Gay Marriage in NYC

Yahoo News Wrote:New York lawmakers narrowly voted to legalize same-sex marriage Friday, handing activists a breakthrough victory in the state where the gay rights movement was born.

New York will become the sixth state where gay couples can wed and the biggest by far.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
RE: New York and Gay Marriage
The churchies will be screeching like scorched cats.
(June 25, 2011 at 12:23 am)Minimalist Wrote: The churchies will be screeching like scorched cats.

Let 'em. They'll find something new after awhile, they always do.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Awesome. Now do it for the rest of the country!

Why should gay guys be the only men who don't have to worry about being pressured to get married?!!

We should all have to suffer equally!!

Angel

[Image: Evolution.png]

Churches are free to disallow gay marriage (the article says nothing about lesbian marriage however). The government should not be sanctioning marriage. If churches want to insist that "marriage" is a religious covenant, than that is proof that the government sanctions religion (though my Discordian ceremony to BethK here is on a "marriage certificate" issued by Colorado).

Now if we can get polyfidelic marriage passed, then separation of church/state will be accomplished.

Ideally the government would only recognise civil unions in all cases: ya want a marriage, go to a church, but your religious ceremony gets no recognition from the State. Since churches don't recognise all government-sanctioned unions, that seems fair. All marriages in law converted to civil unions.

My sis entered into the last lawful gay marriage in Calif. before the Mormon supported Prop 8 passed. I passed the link on to her, maybe she would like to move to New York now.

James

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Rainbow 
It's a great day for this basic fundamental right. Cheers, to the NY Legislature.

Let the churches implode if they so choose. They'll just go to prove they're an insult to anything professed to be Christ like, when they demonstrate the exact opposite of his message.

(June 25, 2011 at 1:40 am)Anymouse Wrote:
My sis entered into the last lawful gay marriage in Calif. before the Mormon supported Prop 8 passed. I passed the link on to her, maybe she would like to move to New York now.

James
Prop 8 is dead. So lawful gay marriage in California is upheld. (Link)
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian gang up on poor gay coffe shop owner, and they kick him out of his own shop Drich 12 1117 October 10, 2017 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Betty Bowers - Save The Hole In Front For Marriage Minimalist 2 891 December 7, 2014 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Gender-neutral marriage in Finland? Kayenneh 11 2307 March 14, 2014 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Fiji gay community to march against Homophobia and Transphobia Forsaken 1 1389 May 13, 2012 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Miley Cyrus gets pro-gay marriage tattoo, other Xtians get mad TheAtheistTroll 13 6293 August 8, 2011 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Betty Bowers Explains Marriage Minimalist 5 1775 September 18, 2010 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: Shell B